Chapter Two

Vali woke up and sat up. Serenity still slept next to him. The hybrid has been with him for 6 months. When Vali saved Lavinia, he used an incomplete balance breaker. However, with Serenity by his side, he was now able to achieve a complete balance breaker. Albion said that Vali might be able to use Juggernaut Drive. However, the white dragon did warn Vali that if something happened to Serenity, Vali would lose control of his juggernaut drive. "Master?" Serenity was awake.

"Go back to sleep, Little Fox." Vali said.

"But it's 5 am Master. You need sleep too." Serenity said. "Do you want to cuddle with my tails?" Vali should have accepted her offer. Because then he wouldn't have a bite in his wrist. Thankfully, she didn't bite him with poison filled fangs. Though with the fox in pain next to him, he figured that it was his fault. She was due to start her period any day. Lavinia tended to the bite, scolding Vali for not going to bed with Serenity. Vali had snapped at her, and Serenity didn't take it too well and lunged at him. It took both Azazel and two other Fallen Angels to get the very pissed off werewolf off of him. Azazel had noticed the blood that was on the bed and took both 14 year olds to Lavinia. Serenity had run off and came back a day later with a bunch of blackberries. There, Vali owned up to his actions and told Serenity that it was his fault. He shouldn't have snapped at her when she was just trying to help. He patted his lap, and the fox had curled up with her head on his lap. He noticed Lavinia frowning.

"What's wrong?"

"She shouldn't be bleeding this much."

"Huh?"

"I wonder if she's anemic." Lavinia got up and found some pain relief and gave it to Serenity. The fox took it and curled back up. She soon fell asleep, and Lavinia sighed. "You're going to have to keep an eye on her. If her lips get pale, then she needs to eat more iron. Red meat or tuna works." Vali nodded, and Serenity whimpered. Vali patted her head, and she nuzzled his hand. Vali smiled and curled up with her. Lavinia smiled at the sight and closed the door.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Vali woke up, and Serenity was still sleeping. It's been a week since they were in the hospital. He saw Lavinia sneak in. She put a finger to her lips as team slash dog and Azazel came in. Vali was confused.

"Happy Birthday Vali!" Serenity jumped out of the bed. She jumped out the window and ran. Vali stared at the scared fox running away. He turned around, and everyone else froze at the evil look he gave them.

"Why?"

"It's your birthday?"

"Why do it when we're sleeping?"

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

"This is the worst birthday ever!" Vali said. He was on the verge of tears because the person he wanted to spend his birthday with was missing. "My fox was kidnapped!" Serenity was indeed kidnapped. And it was the same person who hurt Lavinia. "Augusta took my fox!" Vali stamped his foot. Vali was having a temper tantrum because his pet was taken.

"We'll get you a new fox." A fallen angel said. Vali ran upstairs and to his room. He slammed the door shut. "Did I say something wrong?"

"Vali cares about that fox. It's the one good thing that came into his life." Azazel said. "We need to find Augusta."

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

"I want Master Vali!" Serenity yelled. Augusta sighed. She used a little magic and Serenity fainted. When the hybrid woke up, she was confused. "Who are you?"

"I want to save you and your master."

"Master Vali?" Augusta nodded. "You see, there's a witch that brainwashed him." Serenity's eyes widened. "Her name is Lavinia Reni, and she holds the sacred gear Absolute Demise. You are the key to beating Lavinia. Once you find her, kill her and bring me her sacred gear." Serenity frowned.

"How can I kill her?"

"You have the power of lightning. When it hits ice, it will superconduct." Serenity frowned.

"Alright." With that, Augusta trained Serenity.

メメメメメメメメメメメメメメメメ

Vali was depressed. He was training constantly for the past few months. Lavinia sighed as she watched Vali eat silently. The boy froze mid bite, and everyone else froze. That aura was Serenity's. Vali ran out the door before anyone could stop him. Everyone followed him. Vali was on his knees, and Lavinia let out a yelp as lightning hit the ground next to her. Vali smiled when he saw Serenity. "Little Fox!" Vali went to run, but Azazel stopped him. "Let me go!"

"Vali. Take a good, real look at her." Vali looked and saw the dark look on her face. Except it wasn't directed towards him. He heard Lavinia scream as the smell of electricity wafted through the air.

"I'll kill you!" Vali froze. Serenity would never say that. "You brainwashed Master!" Vali's eyes widened.

"So I was right. That is Serenity, but she's been convinced that Lavinia is the enemy." Vali frowned and walked up to her. Serenity stopped and smiled.

"Master, I'm going to save you from that awful witch. She brainwashed you!" Serenity said. She nuzzled his hand.

"Serenity."

"What is it?"

"Lavinia isn't the enemy. Augusta wants you for your power!"

"Then I'll have to kill Lavinia." Serenity said. Vali hugged her.

"Well done, my dear. You have brought the entire Slash Dog team. Now kill Lavinia, and I'll cleanse the curse that is on your master." Serenity nodded, and Vali was pulled away. Tobio held him in his arms.

"Lavinia Now!" Serenity was engulfed in a giant wall of ice. Augusta smirked as the ice shattered.