Chapter 8 - All In For The Final Round

The blades that impaled the Green Goblin minutes ago were leaking out his green and red blood from the sharp edges of it, and yet the Green Goblin stood there unaffected by the lethal injury. Spider-man stood in front of him, ready for the Green Goblin to make his move, he didn't know for sure how he got this resistance and if there was anything else that changed in him. He didn't know how long he could continue like this in this fight, the rush of adrenaline from earlier was running out and the pain was starting to fade back in, he wondered if getting impaled by his own glider wasn't enough to stop the Green Goblin, he didn't know what would be enough to take him down, but he will have to find out.

The Green Goblin ran towards Spider-man, once close enough to Spider-man he swung his arm at him, Spider-man dodged the attack by crouching down and going behind the Green Goblin, he turned around to face Spider-man as he shot two web strings to his boots sticking them to the wooden floor, but Spider-man didn't expect him to get off the webs easily, the Green Goblin shot his knee high up to Spider-man's chin, as he backed away the Green Goblin grabbed him and held him up and then slammed him down to the wooden floor, breaking it as they both went down from it, landing to a gravel ground.

Being on top of Spider-man, the Green Goblin started punching him in the face continuously, drawing more blood on his face as it landed on the ground. Spider-man retracted his legs back and kicked Green's Goblin in the stomach with both of his boots, making him stand away from him.

Spider-man quickly got up and swung his arm to punch the Green Goblin, he blocked the punch with his hand, with his other hand he grabbed Spider-man's suit by the waist and threw him at the brick wall behind him.

The Green Goblin backed away intending to launch himself towards Spider-man while he was leaning against the wall, The Green Goblin started rushing towards him and in the last second Spider-man shot a web string up to the broken wooden ceiling and went up at it and stayed in the ceiling, as the Green Goblin slammed himself against the wall, completely breaking it apart as he fell down with the broken bricks to the ground.

The Green Goblin got up and turned back to Spider-man as he jumped down at him, landing the back of his thighs to Green Goblin's shoulders, from there he started punching down at Green Goblin's exposed face, thinking that without the mask he wouldn't resist the impact of the punches. But he was wrong, as after each punch the Green Goblin turned his head back to Spider-man laughing at him, when he got bored of the punches the Green Goblin grabbed Spider-man's thighs and threw him down to the pile of bricks, Spider-man grunted in pain the moment his back slammed into the pile of bricks.

The Green Goblin stood there, waiting for Spider-man to get up or counter-attack, but nothing happened. Spider-man was laying there, trying to catch his breath, was he already beaten? The Green Goblin grabbed him and held him up, before turning around while he threw Spider-man the other way, Spider-man rolled around the ground until he stopped and laid on his stomach.

Then he felt a crushing sensation in his back, he grunted in pain as the Green Goblin crouched down, putting pressure on his knee into Spider-man's back. He grabbed his hair that was going out of the ripped parts of the mask and held his head up.

"What's wrong, Spider-man? No more quirky lines?" The Green Goblin asked Spider-man, Spider-man didn't answer, trying to get off the Green Goblin's grasp, "You're done, aren't you? I hate to admit this, but you could have beaten me before, back at the gala or at Marmalade's mansion, but no, you've decided it was more important to save the lives of those who don't deserve them." Spider-man tried to raise his hand, try and do something against the Green Goblin, but he quickly stomped on his hand with his boot, "But oh well, when you will meet back with your dead friend, they will be so proud you lived the life they wanted, forgetting to live your own."