Chapter 6 - I Know Who You Are

The radio inside Diane's car was on the Daily Bugle's channel, as the noticeable voice of J. Jonah Jameson was speaking about the recent events at the Gala.

"You know what really grinds my gears? Spider-man! You see, I always thought that Spider-man was a menace, but as of today I realize I was wrong...He's more than a menace! Because ladies and gentlemen, I've just found the secret sixth member of the Bad Guys, Spider-man! I said it here, I said it first! I've got a source. Look at these photos!" He stopped talking as it seemed like someone had interrupted him.

After a few seconds of complete silence, he spoke again, "Okay, some of you can't see the pictures, so here's some light description. You want more? Subscribe to the Daily Bugle, accept the cookies and don't use adblock! You got one of them, where Spider-man is celebrating birthdays with criminals, fist-bumping criminals, shaking criminals hands, making cute cats videos with criminals, who does that? Well, a criminal like Spider-man does that! I always knew of Spider-man's true colors, but now everyone can see it in 4k and 60 fps! So I hope with all the provided proof, Spider-man will be finally arrested for good, or else I can't even imagine what diabolical plan he's planning next!"

Diane changed the radio channel to another one, letting go of the radio's wheel on the next channel. She put her paw back on the steering wheel. Spider-man was sitting on the right passenger seat of the car, he was slightly moving in his seat, trying to find a comfortable position, since he is not used to sitting in a car with his suit on.

Diane spoke up, "Looks like you were thrown under the bus."

"Yep. Looks like I was." Spider-man agreed with Diane, he turned his head to her, "You really think Marmalade is behind this?"

"It seems pretty logical that he is behind this. Just the way he acted after Green Goblin's attack, it's definitely suspicious. I just don't have any proof of it and why he is doing this." Diane explained.

"I'm sure we will soon find out." Spider-man said, and as the conversation finished, he went back to finding a way to comfortably sit.

Diane had a quick glance at Spider-man, hearing the constant squish sound of his seat, she wondered what he was doing.

"You okay?" Diane asked Spider-man.

Spider-man stopped, seeing that Diane might be annoyed by his constant moving around his seat, "Yeah, sort of. I'm just not used to sitting in a car with this suit on."

Diane let out a smile, "I can relate." She then thought about her words, and quickly flustered a correction to her words, "I mean, I understand why you would feel uncomfortable."

Spider-man nodded, as Diane briefly sighed in relief from seeing Spider-man not catching on to her words.

"I know this is an improvised road trip, but where are we going?" Spider-man asked Diane where they were going.

"Wolf gave me an address, I suppose it's their base." Diane answered.

"So that's what he wrote on his tie?" Spider-man asked Diane about the written content in the tie.

Diane nodded, "Yeah."

"Nothing more?" Spider-man wanted to know what exactly was written on the tie.

Diane shook her head, "No, just the address. Why do you ask?"

"To know, I mean it's not usual, someone writes something in a tie to give it to someone else." Spider-man explained

"Uh-uh..." Diane nodded with a grin, turning her head to Spider-man as they faced each other for a few seconds.