Chapter 2 - Caught In The Spider's Web

Spider-man swung down to a dark alleyway, always the perfect place to change up without being seen, but once landing he looked around just to make sure no one or no camera was actually watching him, having the confirmation he was alone, he removed his mask and started putting his casual clothes back on.

He then took out his phone and used the feed of the phone's camera to help him comb his hair, he had to look good. Hold on, why did he have to look good? Obviously, he always took care of his hair, but he never cared about his hairstyle, always leaving his hair all messy. But even with all his might and efforts, his hair still looked messy, he gave up trying to save his hair and decided it was time to finally go in the Good Samaritan awards.

He was never too fond of these types of events, at least when it came to the social aspect of those events, he always liked being on his own, taking interesting shots in the event or just taking pictures of people having fun, that was his way of having fun.

He arrived at the Good Samaritan awards at the same time of a golden limousine pulling over near the red carpet leading to the entrance of the Museum of Arts. The back door opened, as Professor Marmalade got out of the limousine followed by the cheers of the public seeing him arrive, He waved at everyone that was surrounding the whole red carpet. For someone altruistic he sure liked the luxurious life.

Thierry Margoulin, reporter of BFC news went to Marmalade's side to tell all of his accomplishments, "Professor, in the past year, you've stopped wars, annihilated terrorism, fed the hungry and saved slaves by buying them. Some have described your goodness as second only to Mother Teresa."

"Oh, Mr. Margoulin, it's not a competition." Marmalade said, putting his face closer to the microphone, "And if it were, it would really be more of a tie."

"And where would Spider-man fit into this?" Thierry asked, "I mean, he's become a big talk in the city, so might even say he's a serious contender for the Good Samaritan award."

"Like I said before, this is not a competition. But for the sake of argument let's say we compare ourselves, in my own personal opinion, and you don't have to agree with me, it is absolutely fine if you have a different opinion..." He paused then continued emphasizing on his first word, "But...Spider-man deals with the problems of the city with violence, I mean, how can you bring peace with violence? It will only bring more of it, violence is just a barbaric way of dealing with problems, it has been proven numerous times it never works." He then changed the subject, knowing if he added more, his take on Spider-man would become controversial, "But if there is something we can all agree that there is a flower of goodness inside all of us, just waiting to blossom."

He then walked off to the building, while still waving and thanking the people for acknowledging him. Well, now he knew another person that hated Spider-man. On the back of his mind he admitted that Marmalade did bring a good point, after all he knew what he was doing as Spider-man wasn't very legal, but at the same time he wasn't breaking the law for a nefarious purpose, it was just to help the people and stop criminals, It's not like he would go out of his way to break criminal's bones.

But he shouldn't focus on that at the moment, right now, he was Angel Maguire, the photographer, so it was time to take some pictures. He looked around and quickly found the person he was looking for. Diane was talking to what seemed to be a couple, it seemed like they were having a pleasant conversation, he remembered she wasn't the social type in high school, but that was years ago, so she must have changed over time. He thought it would be wise to ask for her permission to take pictures first, she's the governor after all and he didn't want to look like a stalker.

He approached her, as he saw her waving goodbye to the people she was talking with, in this small trip he had time to mentally prepare himself on how he should greet her, he should probably introduce himself to her, since he knew she definitely wouldn't remember him.