Chapter 9

Cielos POV.

I woke up to Nik gently shaking me.

"C wake up we're gonna be late"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly.

I got up and walked over to the bathroom to take a shower and Nik followed.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I turned on the faucet.

"You can't get your wound wet for 2 weeks remember so ima help you" she said smirking.

"I do not need help" I looked at her dead serious cause we ain't even get to finish our talk yesterday.

"Mm alright be like that ima be in the room if you need anything tho" she set my crutches to the side and walked out the bathroom.

I hate showering with one leg shit is a struggle.

Once I was done I felt light headed as hell from the hot water so I stepped out trying to catch my balance.

I reached for my towel and fell on my ass. 😐

Nik walked in almost instantly with a worried expression.

"Don't say nothing" I said already irritated by the embarrassment.

Her concern turned into an amused smile.

I had the towel wrapped around my body so I wasn't exposed as she helped me up. I limped to my crutches and walked out of the bathroom.

I went to my backpack of clothes and picked out some all black polo joggers with my black uggs and I let my locs hang.

Once I was ready we walked down the stairs and out to her car. I missed her aunt, she always made breakfast every morning and I loved it. My mom always too tired to cook so I had to learn at a young age.

While driving my stomach was growling like crazy but I ignored it cause I don't even have an appetite right now.

We pulled up to the school and I got out quickly not wanting her to feel the need to help me out. She locked the doors and walked into the school.

"If you need anything hit me Ight" she said and I nodded instead of replying.

I couldn't help the feeling that she was embarrassed of me so I wasn't gon stress her.

The bell ring as I was walking in the school. People were staring at me but I just ignored it.

"Aww you okay papi?" Some fem asked me.

"All g nun major" I replied and continued walking to my first period.

I walked into class and locked eyes with Nik but she averted her gaze back to the teacher. I really hate Chem with a passion.

I had my AirPods in for most of the class and the teacher kept telling me to sit up cause I was resting my head on the table. I was just tired from not getting enough sleep these past nights.

I looked at Nik and she was chopping it up with some fem in our class so I just scrolled through my phone until the bell rung.

"Alright students don't forget next class I will be assigning a project for you, you will be assigned partners and there are no opportunities to switch. I want you all to work together and bring good outcomes with the project." The bell had finally rung and I was ready to dip.

"Mrs Lentero can I speak with you please" Mr. Garcia asked.

I nodded and walked over to him.

"I see you are injured is everything okay?" He asked me.