Chapter 6

Nik's POV.

After going home to shower and change I threw my clothes away and got back into my whip to go see Cielo.

I stopped at Panera on the way to get her something to eat. That hospital food looked nasty ngl.

*30 mins later"

I finally got back to the hospital and went up to Cielos room with our food. When I opened the door, her and Maleek were playing the game im guessing her mom brought it. Her dreads were really wet and I saw drops of water on her tee so I'm guessing she showered too.

"Hi" she smiled brightly at me and I felt like I just melted.

"Hey" I smiled back putting the food on the table beside her.

I dapped up maleek as he got up out his seat.

"Aright baby sis ima be back to check on you tomorrow alright, take it easy, Nik I'm trusting you with my sisters life so don't fail me" he said lowering his voice and I nodded tucking the strap.

You know I gotta keep it on me.

He hugged his sister and left closing the door behind me.

I looked back at cielo and smiled again. I went to her bedside and kicked off my shoes to lay with her.

"How you feel?" I asked while tracing my hand on her skin. She smelled so good.

"Better now" she said.

"Good, I brought you some Panera" I said.

"Thank you" she drowned a little.

"Where wrong" I asked picking her face up.

"I don't know I just don't really have an appetite" she said.

"It's okay mama can you just eat a little for me please" I insisted. She needed to eat if she wanted to heal.

I don't know why I care so much about shawty but she's different and I'm definitely gonna keep her around. I just want to protect her and have her fine ass all to myself.

My mind then went back to the fact that she is a stud and I felt conflicted within myself. Maybe I could convince her to be more fem? Nah nah what if I was with someone and they tried to change me. It would have me fucked up. I need to figure this shit out.

I looked back at her. She is so pretty though. I'd be a foolish ass n*gga to pass her up.

She was picking at the mac and cheese, I smirked at the fact that she really listens to me. Im daddy asf 😎.

"What you over there cheesing bout" she said laughing.

"Yo big headed ass" I said truthfully.

She got quiet so I looked over at her and she leaned into kiss me.

I kissed her back and it slowly got heated.

She got my draws wet just by kissing man this girl got me on potions or sum. 

I grabbed her neck gently as we continued to kiss then someone knocked on the door causing me to jump up.

Cielo gave me a confused look but I brushed it off and walked closer to the door. Grabbing my blick.

"Nik chill put that away it's just my friend Nyah" I nodded putting it back and opening the door.

Nyah looked at me up and down then back at Cielo.

I nodded at her in a thuggish way cause ion kno what the hell she looking at me like that fa.

She nodded back.

"Damnnn bruh you got shot how you doing? Shit hurt?" She went closer to the bed she dapped up Cielo. I felt a little jealous cause this stud don't look bad. Not better then me though. She just better not be on what's mine forreal.

"Nah bruh these pain meds got a n*gga feeling dumb as hell but ima Fosho be feeling it when I get discharged" I noticed how C'lo personality changed around this stud. She soft with me but got walls up with everybody else. My jealousy instantly disappeared and was replaced with a different feeling. I felt special.

"So what you got super stud here for" Nyah chuckled.

I looked at her with a mug.

"Get used to her" cielo laughed.

I smirked to myself.

They continued chopping it up for a while and played the game until Nyah had to go home.

"Ight bye y'all, imma see you when you get discharged" she dapped C up again and me afterwards.

"Nice to meet you" she said and walked out.

"Why you so serious" she looked at me.

"Cause I gotta job to do" I said sitting back down beside her.

"What job" she laughed.

"I gotta make sure nun like that gon happen to you again cause I won't be able to forgive myself if you're hurt and I'm not there, I want you to stay strapped too. Cielo i gotta tell you bout some things" I dreaded telling her about the things I do.

"What is it?" She struggled to sit up.
I laid her back down. She needs to stay resting.

"I'm affiliated to the same gang as your brother. And.. Somebody just declared war on us. So my main priority is to keep you safe" I said looking at her.

She bit her lip nervously.

"It's okay I got you I won't let nothing happen to you" I said.

"It's not me I'm worried about" she looked at me.

"Don't worry about me okay I've been surviving for a long time" I placed my hand on hers.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I've just been through a lot of things Cielo, my pops was affiliated and my mom was a junkie that's why I live with my aunt now. The gang is the only real family I ever had" I said quietly, I didn't want her to look at me different.

"I'm sorry love, my pops was a narc, he got killed when I was 10, my brother got jumped in when he was 15 and did his best to keep me out of it but I know not everybody has somebody to look out for em but now you do" she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into her chest hugging me tightly. I stayed there for a while and then I kissed her lips. It was almost midnight so I pulled the cover over us and started drifting to sleep.

The door creaked open and my eyes shot open.

"Hey baby I just got off" cielos mom said.

I relaxed again and c said goodnight to her mom. I mumbled a be safe because I was half asleep.

"Y'all look so cute" I heard her mom whisper to cielo before she left but I just ignored it and fell asleep.