20 - i am not going to be the little spoon

m i c h a e l (you guys are spoiled lmao)

breakfast the next morning was awkward to say the least. luke's mum was purposely not talking to him, and since no one else wanted to be on her bad side, everyone else stayed silent.

i could tell that it was really upsetting luke; he was quite obviously a mumma's boy, and having your mum mad at you wasn't really ideal. it made me feel even worse for saying anything in the first place, which i didn't think was even possible.

after we had both finished our plates, luke awkwardly cleared his throat, grabbing the attention of everyone around the table. "um-michael and i are going to hang out upstairs, if anyone needs us. thanks for breakfast, mum," he said, only getting a slight nod from his mother in response.

luke closed the door behind us when we got upstairs, "she's so stubborn," he complained, laying back on his bed as a sigh fell past his lips. "i didn't think she would be that upset over it."

i frowned, sitting next to him. there was a good foot between us, however, i wasn't sure how mad he still was at me. "i'm sorry," i murmured, folding my hands together in my lap. "i didn't think before i said anything."

groaning, luke rubbed his hand over his face. "it's fine, michael. i just wish she'd realize that i'm old enough to make decisions for myself, it shouldn't matter if she doesn't want me to get a tattoo. it was my choice, and she should at least act like she doesn't care."

i nodded slowly, silently agreeing because i didn't know what else to say to him. he already seemed annoyed enough, i didn't want to add on to it by saying something dumb.

"whatever, she'll just have to deal with it," he grumbled, sitting up and sighing. i hesitantly reached for his hand and weaved our fingers together, giving him a small smile. he returned it, though his was timid and tight.

we ended up staying in luke's room for pretty much the remainder of the day; the only time we really left was to go eat lunch. at one point, jack had shown up at luke's door asking if we wanted to go to out with everyone else, but luke said that we were fine just staying in and continuing to watch bad movies on netflix for the rest of the night.

i knew luke really didn't want to go because his mum was still mad, but i was okay with staying in honestly. for one, i didn't want to get up, and i also didn't want to face any awkward silences like what happened at breakfast. so i was totally content being wrapped up in one of luke's old comforters, staring that the laptop that was set on the mattress.

l u k e

one thing my mum absolutely hated was tattoos. she had made my brothers and i promise that we wouldn't ever get tattoos, and up until calum made that stupid bet i had been so good at keeping that promise.

i wasn't mad at michael necessarily, just kind of annoyed because of it. even if my mom didn't hate tattoos, he should have known that she would want to know what i got tattooed on my body. as soon as she found out what it was, i knew it would only upset her even more.

all day had been spent locked away in my room, michael and i doing nothing really except for lay in bed and watch crappy shows on netflix. i realized that not talking to michael really wouldn't help me feel better, but i couldn't help it. i was a stubborn person when i wanted to be, and now was one of those times.

however, i realized that it was pretty shitty of me to act like i did towards michael, especially when he did nothing wrong. he simply answered a question my dad asked him, and i was overreacting a bit too much. i hadn't talked to michael hardly all day, and it was starting to make me feel bad. it honestly wasn't his fault and i needed to get over the fact that my mum was upset with me, because it wasn't michael's fault.

after contemplating for a few seconds i turned over to apologize to michael, but frowned when i saw that his eyes were closed. he had one arm wrapped over his waist, holding onto himself loosely and his chest slowly moved up and down, indicating that he was most likely asleep. i paused the movie that was currently playing, then carefully placed my laptop onto the floor.

"michael," i whispered, tapping his arm. when nothing happened, i huffed, leaned into him and pressed my nose against his shoulder, blowing on his skin where his shirt (my shirt, really) fell off of his shoulder. michael grumbled something incoherent in his sleep, furrowing his eyebrows.

"mikey," i repeated slightly louder, hopeful that it would be enough to pull him out of his sleep so i could apologize for being such a dick to him.

"hmm?" he mumbled lazily, blinking his eyes open and squinting. "what?" he asked, his voice slow and slurred due to him not being awake seconds prior.

"c'mere," i whispered, opening my arms for him to cuddle into me.

michael huffed in disbelief, "i am not going to be the little spoon," he argued, wrapping his arms tighter around himself so his hands were hooked over his shoulders.

i rolled my eyes and scooted closer to him, tucking my arms around his waist and slipping my hands underneath his shirt. michael squirmed just barely, but relaxed into my arms anyways.

"i'm sorry," i murmured, kissing the back of his neck softly. i pressed my cheek against his skin, holding him tightly. it felt weird, usually he would be the one cuddling me, but it was kind of nice.

"it's alright, i shouldn't have said anything about the tattoo," michael shrugged, moving one arm down to rest a hand over mine. he gently squeezed my hand, then laced our fingers together loosely. his hands were cold, causing me to shiver a little, so i nuzzled myself closer to him.

i still felt really bad, since he was blaming himself for what happened. he honestly didn't know, so i couldn't blame him for saying anything. besides, its not like he told my mum what the tattoo even was.

i shook my head, "it's fine, really. i got upset over something that wasn't a big deal."

michael tilted his head up so he was looking at me. "but now your mum's mad at you," he frowned, his bottom lip poking out and practically begging for me to leave a little kiss on it.

"she'll get over it," i assured, leaning forward and pecking his pouted lips, giving him a soft smile. "don't worry about it, okay?"

michael nodded, biting his lip softly. "okay. i love you," he hummed, cuddling himself closer to me.

"i love you too."

//

this is a product of writers block and Vanny being hot n tired. seriously guys it's about 100 degrees in my room ((my grandparents decided it would be cool not to have central air in their house #coolbeans))

question of the update: where are you from? I'm from the U.S. swag. btw if I never messaged you saying happy birthday, I'm so so sorry:-( happy (belated) birthday if I missed you !!! I will still try and do those though.

probs gonna wrap this up soon,,, yeh. love you to the moon and back !!

Vanny xx

ps ik self promo gets annoying but if you haven't, would you mind checking out married at first sight?? Thx :-)