02 - not that i was thinking about you

l u k e

as soon as i woke up to my alarm going off i checked to see if the slip of paper was still underneath my phone, just to make sure i hadn't just imagined the whole getting my hot tattoo artists number thing.

when i didn't see it i started freaking out, frantically looking around on the floor next to my bed for it. i heard laughing and looked up to see alex with the paper in his hand, an eyebrow raised.

"you got a tattoo?" he asked, glancing between me and the paper, as if he didn't believe it. i wouldn't have believed it either.

"alex, hand it over," i sighed, tiredly rubbing my eyes with one hand and reaching out with the other.

"what did you get a tattoo of? and more importantly where did you get it?" he asked, hesitantly giving it back to me, and i sighed in relief, putting it in my phone case this time, so there was no way of losing it.

"you know my friend calum?" i asked, watching as he nodded. "we made a bet and i lost, so i had to get a tattoo of his choice. him being the asshole he is, made me get it right here," i added, pointing towards my thigh.

alex let out another loud laugh and i scowled at him. "what, did he make you get a tattoo of a dick or something?" he asked, and when i blushed his smirk got even wider.

"dude," he snorted, "why would you let him do that to you?"

"it's not exactly a dick..." i said, like that was any better. god, i hated calum.

"you're so stupid, lucas," he teased, ruffling up my already messy hair. "i'd love to stay and make fun of you some more, but i have a class in 20 minutes and i really don't feel like being late. i'll see you later," he waved, and with that i was left alone.

after staying in bed for a few minutes, i realized that i should probably get up unless i wanted to be late for my morning classes. sighing, i stood and took a random shirt off of the end of my bed and slipped it on, then grabbed a pair of boxers and jeans out of my drawer. i quickly changed and fixed up my hair, grabbing my phone and heading out with my bag.

i made it to my first lecture with five minutes to spare, so while i was waiting for my professor to show up i grabbed the slip of paper from inside my phone case and created a new message, putting in michael's phone number. i knew it was pretty early, but i couldn't wait any longer.

[to; michael]

hi

god, i was so awkward, even over text. i mentally face palmed when i realized i hadn't said who it was, and texted again, hoping he wasn't asleep.

[to; michael]

this is luke by the way...the one that you did the tattoo for of the...yeah

i sighed, putting my phone in my pocket as my professor walked into the auditorium, starting his lesson.

. . .

it felt like way more than a 90 minute lecture, but maybe it was because i was so anxious to see if michael had texted me back. maybe i was a bit obsessed, but who wouldn't be? he was all i could think about, even though we had barely met 12 hours ago.

as soon as i stepped out of the auditorium i snatched my phone from my pocket and checked to see if i had any new messages. i smiled widely to myself when i saw one single notification on my lock screen, and it was from him.

[from; michael]

hi luke :)

i would have squealed, but since i was in the middle of a hallway with a bunch of students-mostly freshman rushing to their next lectures-i decided that wouldn't be very appropriate.

i settled on a grin instead, going towards my next class without looking up from my phone screen.

i really shouldn't be this excited, but somehow i was. i couldn't wait to tell calum, even if it meant getting teased by him.

michael said hi to me!

i figured i probably should text him back, so when i got to my next class i did, hoping that i didn't sound too lame.

[to; michael]

sorry if i woke you up, i had an early lecture and i thought i would text you

not that i was thinking about you

anyways...whats up?

yeah, i'm lame.

//

huh

ik this isn't v interesting yet but its going to take another chapter or so to get the real action started

and then it will get really bad!!2!2!1 look out!!!

feedback is appreciated(-: if there's anything i need to change, tell meee

ily!!!!

-vanny