Chapter 23

Previously on Marinette Luthor

“Alya? What did she want?’ Nino asked me. “She knew. She knew about Marinette.” I told him “Do you want to talk about it?” He asked me. “No, I’m fine. I wait for Marinette to explain.” I told him.
After that we went back to my room to play some Super Penguino as Juleka was with Rose, and Mylene in the lounge area.

Marinette POV

Oh My God! I can not believe that I just did that! And I just left them. What are they going to think of me? What is Alya going to think of me? I mean basically lied to her. I mean it's not like I had much of a choice. Ahh, maybe I am exaggerating this. Maybe she is not mad but really understanding.
Alfred said to me, "Marinette, relax. Your friends will understand." I don’t even know how he does that. Honestly, the boys and I think he is a mind reader. We have a little inside joke about that. I smiled at my last thought. 

“Miss Luthor, we’re here.” The driver said. As I stepped out I said thank you. As Alfred led me into the Wayne Company where Bruce, Selina, his wife, and my parents. When we got to the conference room. We started discussing the Jazz Music Gala.

As Bruce explains what we know so far the Gala as he passes out the folders with all the information. “So basically today’s meeting is just to go over the final details for the Jazz Music Gala. So as you know the Gala is in 3 days. So we know that the gala is going to be a Black Tie Event and that after that the last hour is going to be a party for your class Marinette. Is that correct?”

Which everyone replies with a compilation of yeah and yes.

After that, we went over a couple of other stuff like the different charities, the dress code, the time and whatnot, and other rules that people are expected to follow. (Picture of all that stuff will be at the next of the chapter.)

By the time we were done, it was about 11:30 and it was almost lunch time and by the time I would get to the hotel it would be 12. So after that was over Alferd drop me off at the hotel, and while in the car I ordered some food. While on the way to the hotel I talked with Selina, Alfred was going to drop her off at her next meeting for the day.

Adrien POV

Nino, Alya, and I are sitting in the outside sitting area for lunch. We each ordered something to eat as we were waiting. We saw a limo pull up to the hotel and Marinette walked out of the car.

"Marinette over here!" I called out to her.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing?" She asked us.

"We are just waiting for our food. But now you're gonna explain yourself, Miss. Marinette Luthor." Alya replied.

"Yeah about that, why don't we go to my room? We need comfortable seats." She told us.

"Wait but what about our food?" Nino asked.

"Oh right, umm oh" As she said that a worker passed by us and she called out to the man.

"Hey James, my friends at table six could bring their food up to my room please. Where at Room 465."

"No problem, Miss. L"

"Thank you, you're a sweetheart." She said as she thanked the worker now known as James.

"There, now follow me." She said. 

And with that we followed her to the elevator. And then after her room. Not only that, I then remember that Chloe shares a room with her and Chloe was sitting in her room talking to someone on the phone.

"Hey, Chlo! I'm back." Marinette said as she walked in.

"Hold on, Jon it Mari." She said to the personnel on the phone. "Hey, Mari. Do you want me to leave while you explain? If not, I can just put on my headphones."

"It's fine you don't have to move. Tell Jonathan, I said hi and I can't wait to see him on Sunday." She told her.

"Okay, sure. Hey Jon Mari said hi and she can't wait to see you on Sunday." Cholè said to the person now known as Jonathan 'Jon'.

3rd POV

"First of all, what was that about?" Alya asked Marinette.

"Well, where to begin." Marinette said.

"Why didn't you tell us about umm I don't know the FACT THAT YOU NEVER TOLD US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY? Alya asked/yelled.

"Okay basically when I was 10, my parents decided that they wanted me to have a normal school/social life and not have everyone know who I am. A lot of people want to be my friend because of my money and fame. Cause they could see hey I'm friends with Martin Luther." She explained to them.

Adrien replies with "Yeah I understand, A lot of people at the start wanted to be my friend because of my dad and because I am a model."

"Okay I understand." Both Alya and Nino say.

"What about what Cholè said?" Alya asked.

"What did she say exactly?” Marinette said.

"She said that she knew before me. Did you tell her before me?" She asked me.

"You see, me and Chlo have known each other for years. Our parents have been friends because of the fashion business and because of that we became the best of friends. Well until we moved, I had to cut all connections with all my friends that weren't that I weren't as close with. Even if we were the best of friends, like Cholè." Marinette explained.

"But what about your boyfriend?" Nino asked.
"Oh Damian and I didn't talk for about 3 year after I moved but I begged my parents for a year straight then eventually they said yes." She replied.

"But why not Cholè?" Adrien ask.

"That's because of the time she was bullying me and I really didn't want to be friends with her after that until now." She told him.

"Any other question?" She asked after.

"No but you and I have to talk about your boyfriend." Ayla said.

"Okay then." Marinette said.

"This means bye boys 👋." Ayla said shewing them away while motioning to the door.

With that the boys left and Ayla, Marinette and Cholè talked.

Authors Note

Yeah I know it's been a hot minute since I lasted post but this chapter took longer cause I did a lot of research for the next chapters. Which are the last three chapters of the book. The book is slowly come to an end. But thank you for your patience and your support. See you tomorrow with the information and the Jazz Music Gala plus your invite. Bye!👋