Custody and Dates

16th December

It's been two weeks since Phillipa stayed with Sebastian and Lin and Sebastian really got used to Phillipa. When Lin was asking his Son who should sing him a lullaby, Sebby didn't hesitate for a second and said "Pippa." So from now on Lin was released from his duty to sing 'Dear Theadosia' to his son and Pippa sang 'helpless' instead. Other than that nothing much has changed. Lin and Pippa were sleeping together in the same bed, but they didn't talk about what they actually were. Or at least they didn't talk about it yet. Since Lin planned to take her on a date, so they could see, if it works.

It was Wednesday at 7am. The streets were filled with fog and it was still dark outside. Lin was already awake and made himself a coffee in the kitchen, while Pippa and his son were still sleeping upstairs. He let Pippa sleep since she hasn't slept well the past days. Suddenly someone rang at the front door. Lin immediately asked himself who that could be, since he didn't expect any visit especially at this time. As he opened, he saw the person he actually never wanted to see for the rest of his life.

"Hey Lin." "Vanessa, what do you want?" Lin asked harsh. His right hand was holding the door open and he'd lie if he said he wasn't tempted to slam the door infront of Vanessa's face. "I came to take Sebastian with me." "Certainly not." He couldn't believe what he heard from his ex wife. "You see, until we're through the divorce, we have both the custody of our son and it wouldn't be fair, if I wasn't allowed to be with him. Also if you're agreeing to this deal, I allow you to see your son as soon as I've got the full custody for him." " You didn't even care for him the past two weeks and suddenly you show up and want to take him?!" Lin got now louder, since he was outraged by Vanessa. There's no way she'd get away with this, won't she?

Meanwhile Pippa was sleeping upstairs peacefully as she suddenly heard Sebastian crying in his room. She got exhausted up and went to Sebastians room. He woke up because he had a nightmare. So she picked him up, held him in her arms, kissed him on the forehead and talked calmly to him. "Hey Sebby, everything's fine. It was just a bad dream but you're safe now and nothing can happen to you." As he finally calmed down a bit she decided to go downstairs to make Sebastian and herself some food, if Lin didn't do it yet. But as soon as she went downstairs, she heard noises coming from the front door. "Should we look, with who's your dad talking that early in the morning?" She asked Sebastian, who nodded with a grin. So she went with Sebastian in her arms to the door and was surprised who it was.

"You can't keep me away from my son, Lin. This is ridiculous and-" but Vanessa stopped talking as she saw Pippa carrying her son in her arms. Lin also immediately turned around and looked at Pippa. "Hey Sebastian." Vanessa waved to her son, who immediately grabbed Pippa, who carried him, tightly. "What do you want here?" She asked then Pippa. "She's living here with me and helped me to take care of Sebastian the past weeks. Also if you'd leave us now alone." "Wow you're moving on fast Lin. I didn't expect this from you." While Pippa got clearly uncomfortable in this situation, but Vanessa wasn't finished.

"Sebastian? Do you want to come with mommy?" She asked then her son, who looked at her confused. "No!" He suddenly exclaimed. "I wanna be with Mommy Pippa!" Everyone was suddenly silent. Sebastian never called Phillipa like that, this was the first time. Vanessa suddenly looked hurt but also angry back at Lin, who was just as shocked as Pippa about Sebastians statement. "This will have an aftermath." Vanessa just whispered and went away. Then they finally had breakfast together, but weren't talking about what just happened.

Instead Lin decided to make an attempt to ask Pippa something. "Pippa?" He asked slightly nervous, as they were sitting at the table together. She looked up from her toast, which she was currently eating and looked questioning at Lin. "I wanted to ask you, if you'd have time on this upcoming monday evening. Because I wanted to take you out for dinner." He explained while he was blushing a bit. "Like a date?" She asked. "Yeah, since we never had an actual one and skipped that part, I thought it'd be nice if we finally had one." Lin chuckled, which made Pippa also chuckle. "I'd love to go." She smiled at him.