Surprises and Shards

His heart broke the moment Lin had to tell Pippa, that the kiss didn't mean anything to him. Because the kiss was anything but meaningless to him, but he couldn't say it. He couldn't say it because he had a loving wife, who was also expecting his baby and he couldn't risk his marriage for Phillipa, since he didn't want Sebastian to live in a divorced family. So he said what he thought he had to say to protect his family. And as he said those words, he could see the broken heart behind Pippas eyes. Of course she acted like she agreed on everything Lin said but he was able to see, how broken she actually was.

Meanwhile Pippa went to her dressing room. In the hallway before her dressing room were Renée and Jasmine waiting for her. But Renée's face immediately changed from smiling to worried, as she saw Pippas face. "What's wrong?" Asked Renée worried but Pippa completely ignored her and went past Jasmine and Renée into her room and closed the door behind her.

Renée and Jasmine were looking at each other in confusion. "I swear to god if Lin hurt Pippa in any way, I'm gonna go to him and-" "Calm down. We need to know what happened first, before we can judge if we should beat Lin's ass." Renée shut Jasmine down, as she went to the door of Phillipa and knocked gently on the door. "What is it?" She heard Pippa asking from the inside of the room. "It's just me and Jazzy. We want to make sure, you're doing fine." Renée said, waited then for an answer but didn't receive one. "Pippa?" She now slowly opened the door and walked with Jazzy into the room. Pippa was sitting infront of her mirror, wiping away the tears from her cheeks. "You wanna tell us what happened?" Asked Jasmine then and Pippa just started to look at them.

"Nothing happened actually. I've been just hypocritical to believe that Lin would've felt the same as we kissed." Explained Pippa, while suppressing the tears which wanted to fall again. "I was just so dumb to believe we could be anything else but friends. But I'm fine. Don't worry. It's gonna be easier. At least I hope it does." Renée immediately went to Pippa and Jasmine followed her. They both embraced Pippa in a long, loving hug. "You can also go home, if you want to." Said Jasmine but she was immediately cut off: "No, I'm fine. Besides I miss performing so much so I won't let Lin ruin this night for me."

A hour passed and the show finally started. Every song which included Lin and Pippa, was weird to perform for both of them. Of course they acted like professionals so nobody of the audience would notice it. Renée Jasmine looked at each other very worried, as Pippa had to perform 'Burn' onstage because she performed it more emotional than usual. Actually she was so focused on her singing, that she almost dropped the burning paper on-stage. Gladly she didn't, because otherwise she would've set the stage on fire. When the show was finally finished everyone went offstage, Lin was walking next to Pippa: "That was a good show." Lin forced a smile and tried to act like everything was normal between them. Pippa went along with it, agreed with him and smiled back. "If you excuse me, I'm tired and want to get undressed." She said then, walking away from Lin and into her dressing room. It should stay that way for the next month. Both of them knew there was an unspoken truth between them. Both of them knew that there was something more to that kiss they had at Pippas apartment, but they both decided not to address it.

After Pippa left him, Lin walked alone again first but he wasn't alone for a long time, since as soon as Pippa went away, Vanessa came around the corner. "You were amazing Lin!" She exclaimed and clang her arm around his neck, to pull him into a kiss. "Thank you, my darling."

One month passed and it was October.  Steven was now more often in New York and took care of Pippa, while she worked 6 days a week. He told her, that she should work less days a week and take it easy, but she disagreed with him, since she was doing great so far. Her morning sickness got slowly better and the dizziness disappeared. The only thing which still bothered her to that time, was the invisible space between her and Lin. They both pretended like nothing was wrong, even though there were too many things not right.