Diagnosis and Worries

22th January

It's been 3 weeks after the incident with Steven and everything went mostly back to normal. Lin was working 6 days a week, while Pippa either stayed at home or went with Lin to the theatre to see her friends. Everything seemed like it was fine, but if you were looking at the world through Phillipa's eyes, you knew it wasn't. Since the incident she became more fearful than usual. She winced everytime there was an unexpected loud noise or when someone was opening the door of the room she was in. Lin knew there was something off with Pippa, but she didn't want to talk about it. Everytime he asked if she was fine, she pushed him away. So Lin decided not to ask anymore and to wait, until Pippa would come to him by herself with the need to talk.

It was Friday, Lin was off to the theatre while Pippa was alone at home, getting ready for her upcoming doctors appointment today. She was still disappointed that Lin couldn't go with her, but she sadly wasn't able to get an appointment on Monday, when Lin was off of work. So she went alone to the doctor. Every week her belly was growing a little bit, so by this time she wasn't able to hide the fact that she was pregnant anymore.

She went to her doctor and was waiting in the waiting room, until a nurse would call her name. While she was waiting she thought about how much more fun it'd be, if only Lin was with her at this moment. But she was ripped out of her thoughts, by a nurse saying her name. She got up and went with the nurse to an extra room, where she was waiting for her doctor. Shortly after the door to the room was opened, Pippa winced for a second and her doctor greeted her with a warm smile. The doctor asked Pippa the usual questions which she answered not that honest.

After the questions, the practical part began, which meant for the doctor to make an ultra sound of the babies. Phillipa expected everything to be normal as usual, but as she saw her doctors questioning face, she got very worried. "What's wrong?" Pippa asked now worried, that the Steven incident affected her babies. "Are you currently in a stressful situation?" Her doctor asked. "Maybe a bit. Why? Is something not right?" "If your body and mind are too stressed, your general body values change a lot. For example if you're stressed, the blood pressure in you body is higher than it should be, which leads to an undersupply of the babies. They don't get enough nutritional values to grow properly." As her doctor was finished, fear rised in Pippa. She wasn't able to give the babies what they need, because she's so stressed. "And did it affect the babies' growing already?" Phillipa asked with fear in her voice. "I don't think so. I'd take a blood test from you and would send it to the labour and we'll know exactly what's wrong and if it's really as bad as it seens like. It'll take a few days but the results will make it clear for us, if and how much it already affected the babies and if we can change it with medication. Until we have the results, I'd suggest you to just relax and take it slow in every situation." Pippa agreed to the blood test and then went home.

On her way home, she started to think about what just happened. Maybe because of her mind and body being stressed, her babies wouldn't be able to grow properly. She was already failing as mother and the babies weren't even born yet. In addition to this, she decided to not tell Lin yet, since she was afraid of his reaction and maybe everything was fine by the end. So she thought it would be an unnecessary burden for Lin, if she told him about the blood test. In the evening, Lin got finally home. Phillipa was waiting in the living room on the couch for him, while Sebastian was already asleep. "Hey" he said with a smile looking at Pippa, as he approached her on the couch and sat next to her. "Hey." She said quietly. Lin kissed her on the lips before he sat down next to her.

"How was the appointment?" He asked excited. "Everything's alright with our babies." Pippa lied to him with a soft smile. After that she showed him the new picture of the babies. "I'm still so sorry that I wasn't able to be with you." He really was sad about the fact that he wasn't able to go with Pippa to the appointment. But he couldn't be off at work, so he had no other choice but not to go. "It's alright, I understand you had to work, even though I kinda missed you." She explained then with a smile. "You can come to the theatre tomorrow with me again. Since it's a two day show, it'd be great to have you backstage, so I can kiss you everytime I'm offstage." "Sounds like a plan." Pippa answered with a smile. After this, they both went also to sleep and the next day came.