17

a/n: Here it is, the climax. will he live will he die? maybe i killed y/n for a bit of spice. who knows. have fun :)

Y/n was the first, after Steve, to climb into the Upside down. She flopped onto Eddie's mattress and kind of felt like she was going to vomit.

Never in a million years did she think she would be back in this hell on earth. Well, she wasn't entirely sure if this was earth.

She watched with anticipation as Nancy, Robin, Dustin and Eddie climbed through the portal and flopped onto the mattress.

When everyone and the weapons were through the portal, Eddie, Dustin and Y/n followed Robin, Nancy and Steve out of the trailer and into the upside-down. Before they could fully depart, Steve turned back to the three.

"Hey, guys, listen," he stated, turning back and pointing a finger toward Eddie. "If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecnar. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something." He said, looking at the three all individually.

Y/n nodded her head at the older boys instructions.

"Okay? You guys are just Decoys," he emphasised.

"Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve," Y/n teased, grinning widely at him.

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes," Eddie added. Steve turned to leave, before he could walk too far Eddie called to him once more. "Hey, Steve? Make him pay,"

With all hands on deck, Eddie, Y/n and Dustin were able to scrounge together the metal to reinforce the trailer. While Y/n banged the nails into the metal, Eddie and Dustin set up the amplifiers on the roof. As the last bits of metal were securely in place, Y/n made her way up the ladder and onto the roof with the other two.

"Let's hope they hear this," Dustin said, connecting the amps.

Eddie watched as Y/n came to stand beside him.

"Good luck," She said, grabbing his face and pulling it into hers for a quick kiss.

"Thank you," He said, stepping back. "Chrissy, this one's for you." he stated, turning away from the two.

Y/n covered her ears as Eddie began playing his guitar. As he did so, she realised that the tune was familiar, it took a few moments to realise this had been the same song Eddie had shown to her while they had been hiding.

God it felt like a century ago, but she realised it had been only three or four days ago.

"Eddie! We gotta lock down in T-minus 30 seconds!" Dustin screamed, showing Eddie three fingers and a zero.

"T-minus 20!" Dustin screamed once more.

"T-minus 10!"

At the words Eddie began played faster and harder. Y/n watched as the flock of Demobats flew closer and closer, Dustin began ushering her towards the makeshift trapdoor on the roof, all but shoving his sister into the trailer.

"Five, four, three, two, one,"

As Dustin finished counting the flock of Demobats were practically ontop of them. Dustin and Y/n were both screaming for Eddie to get into the trailer. When his feet were firmly planted and the 'door' was closed. Y/n leaped forward and squeezing the man tight in her arms as Dustin yelled about something that she couldn't quite hear over the beating of her own heart.

The good feelings didn't last long as the demobats began attacking the trailer. The blood curdling screeches and the sound of sharp talons on metal was enough for the three to jump to action.