14

(VOLUME 2 SPOILERS AHEAD)

"Why you though?" Dustin asked from where he stood beside Max.

"I don't know, I think he probably saw El in my memory, like maybe because i was so close to her? I mean second closest bar Max, and Mike but Mike isn't here."

"So what?" Steve spoke up "vecnar, Henry, got into your mind to get to El? How are you even supposed to tell her?"

"That's just it, i have no idea." she huffed, throwing her hands up.

"Are you still cursed?" Max piped up.

"I don't think so," She stated, looking up from her hands "like, there's almost Theo's weight that's been lifted from me. I can't feel him. I don't know if that makes sense though."

"No, no," Max interjected. "No that makes sense, Vecnar's still with me, it's almost like a presence over my shoulder, just out of reach." She explained.

Y/n nodded her head in understanding at the girl's explanation. She hadn't realised it until it was gone, but there certainly had been a dark shadow following her around for the last week.

"What else did you see?" Dustn prodded. "You said you saw the monsters coming into hawkins and what eles?"

Y/n took in a sharp breathe, the images of a desecrated Hawkins flashed across her eyes. The images of her friends and family mangled and almost unrecognisable.

"He showed me gates," She recalled "Four gates, spreading across Hawkins, and these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."

A cold shiver ran down her spine and she brought her arms up to cross over her chest. Eddie placed a comforting hand of the girls shoulder and she felt herself calm a little.

"Four chimes. Vecna's clock. It always chimes four times. Four exactly," Max said, her own arms crossed across her chest and her eyes trained on the ground.

"I heard them too," y/n said quietly.

"He's been telling us his plan this whole time,"

"Four kills," Lucas spoke up "Four gates. End of the world,"

"If that's true he's only one kill away," Dustin pointed out.

At his words the atmosphere in the room shifted from grim to downright dire. It was like y/n could feel the fear and anxiety rolling her friends.

She turned her head to look at the man beside her. Eddies face was almost completely devoid of colour, his typically bright brown eyes had grown dull in the past few hours and she could see the exhaustion in his face. She was almost certain that she looked just as bad, if not worse.

He turned to look at her, she offered him a weak smile and grabbed the hand that wasn't on her shoulder, squeezing lightly. He returned the gesture with an even smaller smile.

"this phone's been busy for, what, three days now? That's not Joyce. No way.

Something's wrong," Max said, slamming the phone down.

She's right. It can't be just Coincidence. It can't be," Nancy spoke up. "Whatever's happening in Lenora is connected to all of this. I'm sure of it. But Vecnar can't hurt them. Not if he's dead. We have to go back in there. Back to the Upside Down."

There was a lot of back and forth between the group about what to do.

How they were supposed to save Hawkins.

y/n was the one to point out the fact that El and Henry were the same, albeit it with worse skin and an even worse attitude. But this also meant that they knew his weaknesses.

After this discovery, the issue of protection came to the forefront of the conversation.

"No offence guys, but i don't think a four year old nail bat and two guns are exactly going kill a trans dimensional dark wizard." Y/n spoke up.

"Well what would you suggest Henderson one?" Steve questioned. She narrowed her eyes at the nick name he hadn't called her in years.

"Well since El id M.I.A my next suggestion would be raiding the police station, obviously." She shot back sarcastically.

"Guys, seriously, we need some kind of plan," Dustin interjected.

"Wait!" Eddie called, jumping up from beside her, running about Max's house in search of something.

The group was gathered around the dining room table by now, Eddie raced back into the room, phone book in hand.

He slapped it down onto the table loudly.

"Check this out. The War Zone," Eddie said, pointing to an ad on the paper. "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh well, killing things, basically." He explained.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin asked from Y/n's side, slight amusement evident in her voice.

"Is that a grenade?" y/n questioned, eyes meeting Eddie's "I mean,

how is any of this legal?"

"Well, lucky for us sweetheart, it is, so this, this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks," Eddie explained, eyes scanning across the group.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some

store called the War Zone," Erica declared, eyes narrowing at Eddie slightly.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk," Nancy said.

"Me too," Lucas agreed.

"But is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there and back," Dustin urged.

"Who said anything about bikes?"

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve questioned, folding his arms across his chest as Eddie stood to his full height to look Steve in the eye.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh it'll do," Eddie related, eyes falling on where max was standing in the door way to the dining room. "Hey, Red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?"

If she was going to be honest, the most difficult part of getting across the trailer park, breaking and entering into an RV and hot wiring it would be not breaking down in a fit of giggles at the sight of Eddie in Max's old Michael Myers mask.

When she had presented it to Eddie y/n was more impressed with the fact that she still had it after three years. The sight of it was too amusing and y/n didn't have the heart to point out the fact that Eddie had a bandanna in his back pocket.

At the sound of the engine jumping to life, Y/n was yelling for Steve to floor it while Eddie was yelling at them all to hold onto something. As Steve sped out of the trailer park, Y/n fell back, almost crushing Dustin in the process.

When the road smoothed out and Steve was able to drive the RV properly, Eddie kicked Dustin out of the seat so he could take a seat beside y/n.

"Hey," He said, smiling at her.

"Hi," She replied.

"You uh, you come here often?"

Y/n laughed at his question.

"Oh yeah, I hotwire RV's every weekend."

Eddie grinned at her.

"You know, I never thought that i would be thanking my father for teaching me how to hot wire." He explained.

"Yeah, my uncle taught me how to pick a lock when i was ten," Y/n added. "I haven't spoken to him in almost ten years, but it helped us break into the school more than once." She said.

"You know how to pick a lock?" He asked.

Y/n just shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

"You're just full of surprises aren't you Henderson."