4

"No, that's crazy," Y/n said, glaring at her brother over the plastic bags in her lap.

"Why not? You're more qualified to protect him than any of us." Dustin defended. Y/n huffed, looking to the others in the car for some kind of support.

"That's just not true at all." She shot back weakly.

"Yes it is, remember last year when you fought those Russians?" Robin pointed out.

"Yeah but-"

"Or the year before when you fought the demodogs?" Max added.

"Well Steve was-"

"Or in your Sophomore year when you almost broke my nose because I broke Johnathan's camera?" Steve prodded.

"Listen you deserved that ok?" she pointed out.

"Y/n, stop trying to be humble, you're a badass, and because of that we all agree that you need to be on Eddie Watch." Dustin explained as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"Eddie Watch?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow questioningly at the boy's choice of words.

"Yeah. 'Cause, you're watching Eddie." He explained.

"I gathered that Einstien," She said, unamused, slapping the brim of his cap to cover his eyes "why can't Steve do it? He's our unofficial live-in babysitter," She exclaimed.

"Hey!" Steve said from the front seat, she shrugged and turned back to Dustin.

"Listen Y/n, I'm gonna level with you," He said, more sincere than he had been previously "Eddie is a very complex person, right. He can be temperamental and melodramatic at the best of times and right now he needs someone whose patient and empathetic. He's traumatised. Wouldn't you want someone like that to be there for you at a time like this?"

y/n sighed, god this kid was such a little manipulator when he wanted to be. Of course, she wasn't about to tell him no, especially with those stupid puppy dog eyes that he knew would work.

"Goddamit, Dustin, why are you like this?" she questioned, sighing and resigning herself to her fate.

"So you'll be on Eddie Watch?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll be on Eddie Watch."

"Delivery service!" Dustin announced as he kicked open the door to the tin shed. Eddie stood in the corner staring at the group, the broken bottle from the night before held firmly in his hands.

Dustin sat him down on the edge of the boat, while Steve handed him the bags of groceries. He peered inside, reaching his hand in and pulling out a box of cereal and frantically open it and shoving handfuls into his mouth as if he hadn't eaten in days, which y/n realised he probably hadn't.

"So, uh, we got some good news and we got some bad news," Dustin began, watching the man tentatively "how do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first," Eddie stated "Always."

"Alright, bad news," he glanced up at his sister for a second before continuing "we tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they are definitely looking for you. Also, they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kinda convinced," Max added.

Eddie looked between the group, obviously taking in this information.

"And the good news?" He questioned.

"Your name hasn't been made public yet. But if we found out about you it's only a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin explained.