Nothing (11)

"I really don't want my brother to die."

His brother? Aiden was his brother? They didn't look anything alike, in fact they were exact opposites of each other. Aiden had blonde hair and beautiful green eyes, making him have an angel sort of look, but Ben had dark hair and dark eyes, literally the opposite of Aiden. So how could two boys, polar opposites, be related?

While I was on my mental rant, Ben had left the room to check on Aiden. I should probably check on him too, but I needed to find a way to get Captain back. I don't care if no one else helps me, I'm getting him back. He was the first person to welcome me here and he sort of reminds me of the grandpa I never had. I would never leave him behind after he's been so nice to me.

To get him back I needed a plan though. Obviously Colby wants revenge. He already has Captain, but I feel like there's something more to the plan, I mean Ben had scarred his face, so I'd imagine he would want to get him back too.

In fact, he probably wants to get this whole crew back. When I was mad at someone I would blow it out of proportion and try to make a big deal out of nothing, I'm pretty sure that's what Colby was doing now. He has to have a specific motive for taking Captain besides killing him. Captain would have been laying on the ship floor, dead, hours ago if he wanted that. No, he wanted information, but about what?

**----------------------------------**

CAPTAINS POV

"Who's the new girl?"

"Why do you want to know," we had been at it for hours now. After I was hauled away, Colby and I had been playing 20 questions here, but I wasn't about to let him know anything about my new crew.

"John, just tell me what I need to know, or we'll go back again tonight and kill them all," Colby said.

"Ok, ok, Jenna is the new girl I found on a dock in Florida," I said. I had to tell him, I couldn't have my crew killed.

"And Ben, what does he have to do with her? Don't think you can lie to me either, I saw them together."

"Well I'm not for sure, but Ben likes her. Never seen him act the way he does when he's around her."

"Thanks John," and with a motion of Colby's hand, I was knocked out cold.

**--------------------------------------------------**

JENNA'S POV

I walked into the room Sydney had laid Aiden down in, almost five hours ago. I was a bit nervous to see him. I looked down on the bed where he had been laying. He was pale and his shirt was a bloody mess on the floor, his chest was full of gauze to stop the bleeding of his stomach. In short, he looked like a mess.

I sat down next to the bed and looked at his bright green eyes that didn't have the sparkle they usually had.

"How are you doing?" I managed to croak.

"Better now that my guts aren't all over the floor," Aiden answered smiling grimly. "I heard about Captain, Ben told me. We need to do something."

"Exactly, finally somone with a heart," I replied. "Wait, Aiden, can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he answered.

"Why didn't you tell me that you and Ben were brothers?" I asked hestiantly. Aiden and Ben weren't fond of each other and I didn't want to make him upset by asking, but I couldn't contain my curiousity anymore.

"I guess it never really found it's way into the conversation," Aiden said looking down.

"I was just surprised to find out that you were related. I mean you guys look nothing alike, and not to mention your personality traits are opposites as well."

"Oh we're not related. If we were, I would have killed myself a long time ago. We're step brothers. His mother married my father," Aiden said poking around the hole in his stomach.

"Oh! That makes a lot more sense," I said trying to get him to stop playing around with his wound.

"It's a miracle that Ben told you, he normally hates to talk about it," he said.

"Why?"

"That's for Ben to tell you himself," Aiden replied. Sydney walked in and ushered me out saying Aiden needed sleep or he would never get better. I couldn't help but notice the wet marks down Sydney's face that signaled she had been crying.

"Are you ok?" I asked her once she closed the door to Aiden's room.

"It's just been a rough time without Captain here," she said sighing. I nodded. I was about to burst out in tears, but before that could happen I ran away back to Ben's room. I needed to get away from everyone, but I didn't want to go back to my room and somehow Ben's felt more comfortable.

Ben wasn't in the room when I walked in. I sat on the bed and thought about everything that happened. I needed to find a way to save Captain, I couldn't let him sit on that ship and get tortured. No. I was going to do something. What? I still have to work on that.

A breeze entered the room and I turned around to see that the window was left open. That's funny I swear it was it closed when I walked in. I closed it again and put  the safety lock in place feeling a bit paranoid.

When I was climbing back down from my perch on the top of the bed I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A picture. It was shoved behind the top poster of Ben's bed. I reached for it and pulled it out. The picture was of a young boy and a man standing together on a dock. I immediately recognized the young boy to be a young Ben and I assumed the man was his father.

Before I could investigate further, I felt a presence in the room behind me. Great, Ben had to walk in while I was looking through his personal stuff, just my luck. But when I turned around with an excuse about seeing a spider and wanting to kill it with the random piece of paper I found at the top of the bed that I hadn't seen before or noticed it was a picture, I was grabbed.

The scream from my body was taken away when I was punched in the stomach, making me gasp for breath. I looked up, not to see an angry Ben, but Colby.

"What are you doing here?" I wheezed.

"Looking for you," he said with a dangerous glint in his eyes. He stared me down as I gave him the evil eye. 

"I'll tell you anything you want to know if you bring Captain back," I said with a power in my voice that even surprised me.

"Sorry honey, but he's already dead, and you are too," He said taking a gun out of his belt. 

I saw him pulled the trigger and the loud firing of the gun and suddenly darkness shot up from nowhere. Tiny lights were everywhere though, I tried to grab one, they were so pretty. But, everytime my fingers got to one, they slipped away, just out of reach. A pressure was suddenly crushing down on my heart. I gasped and grabbed at my chest trying to get it to work again. I knew I failed when all I could see and feel was absolutely nothing.