Fish Man (6)

I slapped, punched, and kicked this evil fish that was kidnapping me. Yes, I called him a fish because he's slimey and disgusting.

He finally dropped me onto the cold sand and laughed like a maniac. God, please make my murder quick and painless. Amen. He took out a knife. I repeat he took out a knife. 

This is just like what happened with my parents, but they never stooped so low as to use a knife. I wasn't going to let this happen. Not after so many years of not doing anything. I grabbed the first thing my hand touched, a rock and flung it at the man. He growled and came at me with his knife.

He swung his right arm at me, but I dodged it. Being small and nimble has it's advantages. "You little-" but before he could get his next word out I kicked him where the sun don't shine, hard. He gasped and fell to the ground.

I couldn't help but feel some pride swell in my chest. I just took down a man three times my size. As I was standing there, bragging about myself to myself, the fish man got up and pulled my hair making me land on the floor at his feet. Tears blurred my vision it hurt so bad.

He swung his knife again, but I rolled to the left. I felt a sting in my arm, I looked down to see he hadn't missed. Blood rolled down my arm and I gasped. Before he could gab me with his knife again, I scrambled up and kicked his hand, the knife dropped to the sand.

I dove for it with a rush of adrenaline and grabbed it. This left me in an unfortunate position on the ground in front of him.

The man reared his arm back as if to punch me, but before that could happen he was suddenly on the ground. On top of him was my knight in shining armor, or AKA Ben.

I stood up and scrambled backwards. I clutched my arm to my chest and watched as Ben beat the living daylights out of my attacker. I was breathing heavily and the jacket Ben had given me was sliced and my blood was stained to it. Even though all that just happened to me, I wasn't scared or worried about my arm. This was like routine for me to get hurt like this.

I finally noticed that Ben had stopped punching and kicking "the fish man" and was standing starring down at him with so much hate it was almost scary.

Ben finally came back to reality because he ran over to me and crouched down beside me. "Jenna, are you okay?" he asked. I didn't look at him, I couldn't look at him. I was so ashamed. I was so stupid. I had let a little girl fool me.

He brought his hand, which had some blood on it, up to my face and tilted my chin up so I had to look at him. "I'm so sorry," was all I could say.

"What the are you sorry for? Jenna, you were almost killed and your saying sorry?" He looked at me incredulously. Then he noticed the blood running down my already bruised arm. He took it gently in his hand and looked at it. "What happened?"

I showed him the knife that was still clenched in my hand. "He had a knife," I whispered.

"We need to get you back to the ship," Ben said. I tried to stand up, but my legs wouldn't hold me, I was suddenly so exhausted. He lifted me up and carried me bridal style back to the ship. I tucked my head into the crook of his neck and let myself relax. It was going to be okay.

EARLIER - BEN'S POINT OF VIEW

I looked around furiously for Jenna. She just disappeared with that little girl. About five minutes of panicking later, I found the little girl that was with Jenna walking away from the shore. I ran up to her and asked her where she was.

The little girl looked at me with such sad eyes. She couldn't have been older than 6, but those eyes looked like they had a lot more wisdom than a 6 year old. "She's gone now, I'm sorry," was all the little girl said before she turned away and ran back towards the tents.

I was confused and worried at the same time. What did she mean that Jenna was gone? I ran in the direction from which the little girl had come from. I looked down and saw her little foot prints along with the foot prints of an older person, Jenna. I followed the foot prints marked in the sand until I came to a place where the foot prints stopped and turned into extremely big foot prints.

Those were not Jenna's dainty little feet. I ran, following the giant foot steps until I heard screaming. Jenna.

I saw her a distance away fighting with a very large man. I gasped when I saw him swing down at her, but she moved out of the way just in time. Wow, she was fast. I took off running, towards them. They were pretty far away though.

I saw Jenna kick the man and even I winced just thinking about what pain that man was going through now. But he deserved it, if I find out he even dared to touch Jenna, I would kill him.

Jenna didn't notice that the man had gotten up and was coming towards her. I ran faster than I thought possible, but still wasn't close when I saw him grip her beautiful brown hair and yank her onto the ground. I let out a growl and ran faster.

Now I couldn't even see straight I was so mad. I hope he has a gravestone already picked out I thought as I came upon him with no mercy, swinging punches and kicks. When I was finally through and he looked unconscious I stood up and looked down to the place where Jenna was sitting helplessly.

She was so brave for putting up a fight, but I swore from that moment on I was going to protect her with my life.