Set Sail (13)

BEN'S POV:

"You can't be serious." Aiden said to me as we got ready to jump overboard. Aiden was starting to look healthier and was standing up alright. I was glad he was okay, after I go save Jenna I don't know what's going to happen to me.

"Aiden, I have to go, she's over there," I said tightening my belt around my waist. I checked to make sure my knife was still there, hidden in the inside pocket.

"Ben! Think this through." Aiden said, "Why would he take Jenna? Jenna knows absolutely nothing! He did it because she's bait. Bait for you. Ben, you're walking right into a trap."

"Actually, I'm swimming."

"Haha, very funny. I'm worried for you. Even if you are a pain, you are still my brother," Aiden said putting his hand onto my shoulder, holding me back. "Which is why I'm coming with you."

"You're just getting over an almost fatal wound! Aiden, you can't come," I said starring at him.

"You know I do what I want," Aiden said. I knew he won, when Aiden set his mind to something, he would do it no matter what happened.

"Okay fine, maybe with two of us we can manage to save both Jenna and Captain," I answered. Without waiting for a reply, I jumped into the frigid waters below. The cold jolted me awake and only reminded me more of my father. Whenever I was near the sea I thought of him. It was hard not too. I heard a splash next to me, signaling the arrival of my brother. Together we swam to the enemy boat.

JENNA'S POV:

I was still trying to get over the shock of finding out about Ben's father. It was scary to think that the most feared pirate in all the seas, Blackbeard, was the boy she has a crush on's, father!

"You really are quite idiotic," Colby said sneering down at me. "Why would Captain pick up such low lives? Honestly, you're all cast aways, nobodys. I bet I would be doing the world a favor if I just slaughtered you all now."

All the anger, resentment, and fury started to build up in me. It was like a huge wave had crashed over me and I lashed out. I thought of Captain, an innocent man killed, Ben and his father, Aiden and his injury, Sydney who now has no Captain, and the whole crew who will never feel the same again without their loving friend. With all that in my mind I leaped up and tackled Colby to the ground. Surprise has an edge and I managed to wrap my hands around his neck and bring his head to the ground with a startling crash.

Breathing hard, I just realized what I had truly done. Panicking, I checked his pulse: still allive. As much as I hated Colby, I could never kill him. I had already killed someone today, a nameless man who had attacked our ship and I feel stabs of pain and heartache whenever I think about what I did. It was shameful and it was a mistake. One I would never make again.

Before he woke up, I needed to get out of here. I got to my feet and opened the door. Peeking out just the slightest, I looked up and down the small hallway that the bedroom branched into. No one in sight.

Making a quick decision, I tiptoed down the left hallway. It ended in a large room full of maps and compasses. I obviously went the wrong way. Before I could turn around, a hand covered my mouth. I screamed into the hand and bit it trying to get my captor to release it's grip. Cursing, he dropped his hand, and I turned around to be met with the gaze of Aiden.

Holding back a yelp of relief, I gave him a huge hug. "Aiden, he, he killed Captain." I said tearing brimming my eyes. I heard a crash behind me and turned to see none other than Ben.

"What?" Ben whispered softly. I nodded and looked down. Before I could let them think too much on the depressing thought, I said, "Ben, um, Colby is well, he's after you," I felt like there was no good way to say that.