Pasts, Storms, and Embarrassment (7)

JENNA's POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache right above my left eyebrow. I groaned and sat up. I was in my room from the ship again. Bandaging covered my right arm. I touched the bandages and sharp pains eminated from the spot.

Then it all rushed back to me; the fish man, the fight, Ben saving my life, Ben carrying me back to the ship. Ben had saved my life. No one ever tried to save me from anything before. I lay in bed replaying the fight in my mind.

I got out of bed and looked down to see that I was in completely different clothing then yesterday. Did Ben? Nope, not even going to think about that. My door swung open just then to reveal Aiden. "Your up!" He said coming into my room.

"Uh, yeah," I said uneasily. Why was he in my room?

"I came to rebandage your arm, Ben's busy so I get the job," Aiden said coming over and sitting on the bed beside me. He was wearing a fitting black tshirt and jeans.

"Ben bandaged my arm?" I asked in disbelief. I never imagined Ben being so gentle, with anything. After I saw what he could do in a fight I didn't think he could handle anything with care anymore. Apparently, I was proved wrong.

"Yeah, I offered to do it, but he wouldn't let anyone near you last night so he did it," Aiden replied taking my arm and unwrapping the bandage. I looked at my arm, or what used to be my arm. There was a large slash mark in the flesh. I turned away before I could throw up.

Aiden started bandaging it up, but when he touched the new bandage to my arm I couldn't help but cry out in pain. "Sorry," he winced.

After that torture was done he told me that I wouldn't have to do my job this morning and Captain just wants me to rest today. Finally, Aiden left and I was left alone to sort out my thoughts. I didn't want everyone treating me like I was some fragile girl, even if I am one. I was going to keep doing my job, I'm not some broken teenage girl that needs days to recover from a little cut.

I got up, determined, and put on some clothes. I walked out into the hallway and made my way to the kitchen. I started frying some eggs and cooking some bacon when Ben walked in.

"What are you doing? I thought Captain gave you the day off?" He asked coming over to my side.

"Yeah, but I don't need it," I replied casually. He frowned at what I said and shrugged.

"Alright, I guess I can respect that, oh and by the way, I like my eggs cooked over medium," he said and walked out before I could retort.

I was almost finished with the eggs for the crew members, when Captain walked in. "So what Ben was telling me was true, you don't want the day off?"

"Nope, I can handle cooking, it's not that big of a deal," I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"Ok.." Captain said hestiantly. An older woman walked into the kitchen and seemed surprised to see both of us in here.

"Oh, Sydney she's going to still cook today but thanks for taking up my offer," Captain said smiling at her warmly. Captain had this odd glint in his eyes that I couldn't quite place my finger on what it was. "I'll see you on the deck," he said patting her shoulder and looking at her with that look in his eyes and I finally knew it.

After Sydney left I stared at Captain. "She's your wife isn't she?" I asked curiously.

Captain sighed and replied with, "I wish,"

"Does she know you like her?" I asked. I would love to play matchmaker, especially for Sydney and Captain.

"Oh Jenna, old pirate men like me don't know how to convey their feelings," He said sadly.