Trouble (5)

After Ben had so angrily left, I opened the bag to see what I had to wear. I peered in to see a gold and red dress. It looked like something from the eighteenth century.

Seriously? This is what I have to wear to port? I thought. If I wanted to go though, I couldn't argue. I pulled the dress on and surprisingly it fit pretty nicely. Sighing, I opened the door and walked down the hall to talk to Captain.

I knocked on the large wooden door of his quarters and waited. He didn't answer, so I decided to check the main deck. I walked out onto the deck, making sure not to trip on the dress that almost came down to my feet. When I stepped foot onto the deck I  hear a wolf whistle from the upper deck. I shielded my eyes against the sun and glared at Aiden who was smiling wickedly. "Nice dress, beautiful!" he called.

I decided to ignore him and looked around for Captain. I finally found him talking to Ben by the mast. I walked over, ignoring the stares I could feel on my back.

I couldn't hear what they were talking about, but as soon as they saw me approaching they went silent. "The dress fits you nicely, but do you mind if I ask what those bruises on your arms are from?" Captain asked.

I had completely forgotten that the bruises my parents had given me prior to escaping were still visible on my skinny arms. I had been wearing long sleeves to cover them, but I hadn't even noticed that the dress didn't cover my arms. Ben grabbed my wrist and looked worriedly at the black and blue marks up and down my arms.

"It's nothing," I said pulling my arm away. "Please, just forget that you saw that," I practically begged.

Captain looked at me unsurely, and Ben looked at me with flat out worry. I tried to change the subject by asking, "When are we getting to port?"

"Look to your left," Ben said. I looked to my left and saw that we were already docked. Being the stupid, unobservate person I am, I didn't even notice.

"Oh, I knew that," I said embarrassed.

"Sure you did," Ben said winking. They seemed to have let my bruised arms slide and I was glad they did. I didn't really want to talk about how I got them just yet.

Captain's hand found my shoulder as he said, "Ben will be coming with you to find all the food you need. Just think of him as your personal bodyguard,"

"I don't need a bodyguard," I said acutely aware of Ben's muscles that could easier kill me if he ever got mad.

"Trust me, you do. Those pirate ports can get pretty rowdy, and you look like you couldn't hurt a fly" Ben said. I didn't know what to say to that so I just nodded and looked a little unsure of whether I still wanted to go out there. Looking at the port now, it looked dirty and not very friendly.

"Mates! Ben, Jenna, and I will be back before the hour is over, watch over the ship. Aiden, you're in charge," Captain yelled to the crew.

"Aye aye Captain," Aiden replied.

Ben took my hand as he led me across the dock and over to the little huts that sold the food we needed. Looking around, it wasn't much of a sight. Little tents were set up all around, trying to get costumers. The people walking around the streets consisted of scary bearded men and scary mustached men. Fun.

I noticed that Captain had left Ben and I alone to get food. I couldn't help but wonder where Captain was and what he was doing.

Ben looked down at my crossed arms again and shrugged off his jacket, handing it to me. I looked at him in surprise but pulled it around myself thankful that my arms weren't out in the open anymore. People in the tents around us were shouting at us, trying to get more costumers. "BEAUTIFUL CORAL NECKLACES OVER HERE!" "PRICELESS ANIQUES SOLD HERE!" "COLD WHISKEY!" "FREE RUM!" I tried to ignore the shouts and looked for a good place to buy some food.

Ben's arm was suddenly around my shoulders and he pulled me closer to his side. I looked up at him questioningly. He whispered in my ear, "Some of these filthy men are looking at you like meat, so just stay close to me," I shivered partly from his words and partly because his hot breath was breathing down my neck.

He tugged me over to a nicer looking corner where an older woman stood next to a tent with exceptional food. After buying about ten bags of food for everyone, trust me it was a lot, we went in search to find Captain.

Our food was being packaged and was going to be delivered to our ship, it was a nice service. I was walking along side Ben when I felt a tugging at the bottom of my dress. I turned around to tell off whoever was doing this to me, but when I looked down it was a cute little girl in a yellow dress.

"Aww hello there little girl. Where's your parents?" I asked bending down so I was at her height. Ben nudged my shoulder and complained that we didn't have time to talk to random little girls. This was my first mistake, talking to the little girl in the first place.

The little girl took my hand and dragged me to a little beach by the sea. "Build a sand castle with me?" She asked in the cutest voice possible. Somewhere along the way we had lost Ben, but I'm sure he'll find us eventually. This was my second mistake, letting this girl lead me down here away from everyone else. Before we could start the sand castle building a deep voice spoke from behind me, "Thanks Jasmine," The little girl scurried away and I turned to see a large man who looked like, well, trouble. And this was my last mistake, not running when I had the chance.

"Uhh?" Was all I could get out before he grabbed my arm and slung me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, but the way he was carrying me, with his hand very near my backside I was sure something not so pleasant was coming my way. "Hey put me down!" I yelled at him. Realizing that this mans intention was to kidnap me and probably rape me, I screamed a bloodcurdling scream and pounded on his shoulders to get him to let me go.

He just laughed at my petty attempts and kept walking along the shore line. The sounds of the port were starting to fade into the distance and I realized that I was in trouble. Deep trouble.