The Brillant Plan (9)

"They found us."

Ben stood up abruptly and ran out the door. "Wait-," but before I could get the sentence out they were both gone. I opened the door to reveal, plain and simple, chaos. The whole crew was running around on the main deck mostly panicking. Ben was steering the ship with such rigor I thought he would pull the wheel out and Aiden was doing some weird nervous dance yelling at everyone to go faster.

I turned around and saw why everyone was so freaked. Sailing behind us was a huge pirate ship. It was built much like the one I was on now, but the one behind us was about two times bigger. The pirate flag was a traditional skull and crossbones, but it was dripping red with blood. My eyesight wasn't so good, so I couldn't make out the smaller details on the ship, but I would be able to soon because they were gaining on us and fast.

I had enough common sense to know that these people probably weren't so nice and had been looking for us. I needed to help, but how do you make a ship go faster? The answer was, we couldn't, if we just keep running they would catch us, but what about hiding?

"Captain!" I ran through the crew to Captain who next to Ben. "I know how to get away."

"Jenna, this is not the time-"

"Just listen, we can't out run them. Their average speed seems to be double ours and so does their size."

"If your just here to tell us all our disadvantages, don't because I already know them," Captain said looking back worriedly.

"Well, maybe our disadvantages could become our advantages."

***------------------------------------------***

"Up ahead! It's the perfect timing," I yelled to the crew. It's been about five minutes, but the ship behind us was so close that I could see the man steering the deadly ship. He was pale and had long, shaggy, dirty blonde hair. The most noticeable thing about him though was the scar down his face that looked like someone raked their fingers through his skin.

All of his crew were much like him, tall and strong. They all looked like the scary men that you always see working out at the gym.

"Now!" I yelled.

Ben swung the steering wheel in a wide arch to the left. The ship turned smoothly into a small, secluded cave. Two men hauled the anchor down a little bit from the entrance. Just as I thought, the other much bigger ship couldn't fit into the narrow entrance. I smiled at my brillant plan.

"Great job Jenna," Captain said patting me on the back. I smiled back and looked towards the other ship. The blonde captain just smiled unpleasantly towards me. His scar just looked even more vivid when he smiled. Ben stood in front of me, blocking the other mans view of me.

Ben was smiled down to me. "I didn't know someone who seems so dumb, could actually be smart," he said smirking.

"Oh, you're just jealous that I thought of this brillant plan and you didn't," I said.

"Whatever gets you up in the morning."

I just looked at him weirdly and turned around. Captain was looking worriedly out to the other ship. He had gotten awfully pale. "What's wrong Captain? We got away, they can't get to us in here."

He just pointed. I turned around and saw that they were getting into small paddle boats and headed straight towards us.

Ben also saw it, "They came for a fight."