|8| A half truth

╔══《✧》══╗

3.1k words

Warning: Order 66 References

╚══《✧》══╝

I don't see Vader again, after the incident, for three days.

After the second task our lightsabers were returned to us and we were allowed to return to our 'normal' lives for the time being. Not knowing how much time we would be given before the next challenge, I chose to spend much of my free time (time away from inquisitor duties) to train. Trilla and I did some sparring and afterwards we would place bets on how long we think Fifth Brother will survive the competition. I bet on one more task and she bet that he would make it to the fifth, and final, task but lose to her in one on one combat.

The three days passed quickly and before I knew it we are all being called to the conference room. I am the last one there and as I walk in the clone trooper, Fives I think, catches my eye and gives me a quick nod of his head, a silent act reminding both of us what had happened the last time we were together and how this tournament is directly because of what occurred then. Fifth Brother catches our look and he glares at me, probably assuming that the only reason I am still in this competition is because I am getting outside help. As if I need any help with these tasks.

"Some of you will know me, some of you won't but I am Fives and I will be taking you to the tasks from now on."

"What happened to Zena? Isn't she supposed to do all of this." One inquisitor asks, waggling his finger around the room. I look around and notice that everyone else appears to be just as confused. Obviously I know what happened to her. I thought word would have gotten out by now but clearly not. If there is one thing Vader is good at it's keeping secrets.

"She had an," Fives pauses, "unfortunate accident. She will no longer be able to help out with the competition." I think of the high pitched scream from a few days ago and I shudder. Trilla notices and she shoots me a questioning look. I mouth the word later at her and she nods her head at me.

With no further instruction, Fives leads us out of the room. He tells us to head to the large training area, a place we usually use to spar with each other, a space that is big enough for us to practice different combat styles. He then falls back so that he is walking with Trilla and I. We walk for a couple of minutes in a comfortable silence until we are joined by another clone; another familiar one.

"Fives!" Rex calls to his brother in arms, before jogging up to him and clapping him on the back. "What are you doing with the inquisitors?"

"Special orders from the gen-" he pauses and then glances at me and Trilla. "Vader. After what happened with Zena he didn't want any other outsiders." As if we're the problem.

Rex nods, and we continue walking for a bit, Trilla looking confused by the exchange.

"Do you two know what happened to Zena?" she asks.

"Erm..." Fives opens and shuts his mouth a few times. "We've been told not to talk about it?" He makes it sound like a question.

"Anyway, you have more important things to think about, like the third task. Are you nervous?"

"Not really. The other tasks were pretty easy."

Fives face brightens at my words. "Were they now?" He sniggers slightly, "Hey (y/ n)? How's the burn mark?"

"Dick." I mutter and then, "how did you know about that?"

"I have my secrets and I bet you have yours." He says smiling and tapping his nose.