Fireworks •Seo Changbin•

Genre: lil angsty, lil soft. 🤷‍♀️

Word count: 1.3k

*

"It's not going to be that bad," your friend Felix said as he walked beside you, linking arms with you.

You looked over at him and rolled your eyes all while trying to keep up his speed walking pace past multiple other people scattered in the giant field.

You had just gone through a pretty bad break up about a week ago. On your birthday. You and your ex had been together for 2 years, so it was a very serious relationship. However, during the second year of you two dating, he had been cheating on you with some girl in your math class. But you didn't find it out from him. You had to find it out from being sent anonymous pictures of the two of them making out in private. Multiple times.

"Felix.." you whined as he dragged you past people from your school, "I don't want to do this, I just want to be laying down in my bed-"

"I want you to meet someone first at least," Felix said in a hurry, cutting your words short while he slowed down his pace.

You groaned and continued to be guided by Felix to an open area in the field. A perfect view of the sunset colored sky for the fireworks that would soon be starting. There was a soft, light purple blanket sprawled out over the green grass that had packages of sweets on top for the two of you and this mystery person Felix wants you to meet.

"Where is he?" Felix dropped his arm at his side and looked around through the midst of people.

Your eyebrows raised. "Did you say he?"

"Yeah, why?" Felix spun back around to look at you and then resumed searching for his friend.

You let out a sigh. Sly Felix.

"You're trying to put me back together with someone else, aren't you?" you asked a now surprised Felix as you crossed your arms facing the boy.

"No no-"

"Oh you're here," a boy said from beside the two of you, holding two more bottles of water for you and Felix.

You and Felix both turned your heads in the direction of the voice. He had the cutest smile that made your heart beat rapidly, and straight dark brown hair that reached down to cover the majority of his eyebrows. But his height was what caught most of your attention. He was only two inches taller than you. That didn't matter though.

"Y/n," Felix put an arm around your shoulders with his infamous bright smile as his other one slung over the boy's shoulders. "This is Changbin."

Even his name was attractive to you. But you kept wondering why you were feeling like this. You hadn't felt like this toward your ex despite how serious the relationship was.

After Felix's introduction, you only found yourself giving him a small mumble of 'nice to meet you' in response. You shouldn't be feeling like this. It's too soon from your breakup. Not to mention, Changbin most likely doesn't feel the same way.

.
.

Once it finally got dark, the fireworks began. Felix and Changbin were talking about their own things while you sat behind the two, watching the beautiful fireworks and overthinking about your breakup. For the thirteenth time. You didn't realize until just a couple days ago how bad your ex really was for you. Felix had been trying to tell you he was manipulative but you didn't believe it. You couldn't.

You kept finding yourself glancing at Changbin though. He was handsome. So handsome. His side profile was perfect. The firework colors reflecting on his face was more than enough to make your heart beat practically out of your chest.