Chapter 17

It's Sunday now. Tonight is the night you fight Colby for the championship, and though it isn't completely locked in yet, it'll be the night you dump the title. Pretty exciting stuff, is it not?

To be honest, you're just ready for this week to be over. It's been day after day of the most extensive bullshit you've ever experienced. How many days ago did Becky return? 4, maybe 5? You can't even keep track anymore.

Still, you have to talk to her. She's your last loose end, and both of you deserve closure. It's only fair after what each of you have had to endure.

You begin your search for her as soon as you enter the parking lot. There are no signs of her anywhere. Part of you thinks she might not show, which would be unfortunate to say the least.

As you scan the hallways, your mind replays the past week slowly, scanning every detail as if it means something. To be honest, though... nothing really feels like it means anything.

Or, maybe it's not that it's meaningless, but rather a dead end. Trinity saved your ass concerning Leah, but then revealed that it was never about saving you. It was about banging you. Sure, Trinity is an awesome friend and an even better lover... but for her to approach you like this, in the middle of the aftermath of your previous relationship? If she hadn't come to your room, you might've been willing to be with her down the road a little ways. Not now.

And what about Leah and Jimmy? They don't have anything to leak or even proof that you fucked Trinity in a hot tub, so it's not like they can take revenge that way anymore. The court of public opinion has already reached a verdict, and they are the villains. Also, if you find out Leah is stalking you again, you're going to file a restraining order against her.

But then what's left? All roads have led to this point, but there doesn't seem to be anything left. You really hope that Becky will have all the answers. Maybe something she says or does will spur you in the right direction... if you could only find her!

She's not in the hallways...

She's not in either locker room...

She's not in an office...

She's not in the parking lot...

And of course, Becky isn't at catering either. Man, you really thought you were gonna find her there.

Okay, well that doesn't really leave anywhere else for her to be, does it? I mean, her car is here so she's definitely in the building, she's just way more hidden than she should be able to be... unless she's not hidden at all. You haven't checked the arena yet...

[A FEW MINUTES LATER]

You walk out into the arena and half-expect to see Becky standing in the middle of the ring. Unfortunately, it's not going to be that simple. You begin to scan the seats, looking for any signs of life.

Way near the back of the camera side of the arena, you see a person with bright orange hair. She just seems to watch you as you climb your way towards her.

It takes you about a minute to reach her... damn, how did the SHIELD do this twice a week every week? You sit down beside Becky and stare down into the arena.

"I sat righ' 'ere an' watch'd Saraya win th' Divas Champi'nship," Becky mumbles, absentmindedly staring down at the empty ring. You can barely see anything from here... she must've been fresh out of Ireland at that point. "Tol' myself I'd do i' one day."

"You are what the Divas dreamed of being. Even Saraya can't say she's done what you've done," you say, wrapping an arm around her shoulder loosely. She leans into you a little bit.

"I heard abou' ye an' Leah," she says quietly,  her gaze still fixated on the ground level.

"Yeah... it's been a hell of a week altogether," you sigh, slouching in your seat. It feels like you're just deflating at this point.

"It's my fault."

"No it isn't. Leah was bad news from the start."

"No, i's me. I bring ba' luck wherev'r I go," Becky says regretfully, her tone getting more angry as she stands up. She doesn't seem angry at you, though. More at herself, really. "I got th' luck o' th' Irish."

Becky begins to storm off, and for a second you just sit there and watch her go. She's clearly upset so you should give her some space...

No, you won't let her leave like that. Not again.

You chase Becky down and grab her by the arm. She turns to face you, letting you see the tears running down her cheeks. Fuck, what do you even say? Maybe you don't need to say anything.

You kiss Becky, deafened by the silence of the empty arena. For a moment she just stands there, stunned at the fact that it was you who made the move this time. Finally, she pulls away and refuses to meet your gaze.

"Couldn't think of anything profound to say-!" Becky cuts you off right at the end of your sentence. She kisses you back and wraps her arms loosely around your neck. Is it just you, or did she let out a really soft moan?

"We shouldn'... you jus' broke up wit' Leah..."

"Becky, I spent the last four months wishing I had another chance," I say quietly, holding her close to me. "I don't fucking care if the time is right, I just want you."

"But-" You kiss her again, this time hosting her up and holding her in your arms. She definitely moans this time, wrapping her legs around your waist. When the kiss breaks she says, "Yer a damn good kisser."

This time, the two of you just hug. Four long months of nothing but regret and resentment are behind you. You finally have her... you finally have Becky.

You let her down and begin to descend the stairs with her, your hand slipping into hers. You say, "You wrote about me while you were gone, didn't you?"

"Huh?" she asks, trying to figure out what the hell you're talking about.

"You told me you wrote some erotica while you were gone," you say, looking down at her. "It was about me, wasn't it?"

Becky blushes.