Chapter 16

Today is Saturday, the day before SummerSlam. There's a lot of things you could do today...

You could accept a few of the offers for interviews from news outlets. After all, everyone's dying to hear your side of the story. Did you know that it was happening? How are you going to deal with it?

Heh, if only they knew.

You could call Trinity back. She's already tried twice today, and you can definitely see her trying a third time. Even if you do answer, though... what do you even say to her at this point? 'Hey, the sex was cool but I don't really like you like that'?

So many options... really only one thing stands out as something you want to do, and it involves trying off one of the loose ends. It's time to come clean with Colby. He deserves that much, right?

[SOME TIME LATER]

"Nice to see you, man," you say, entering Colby's hotel room. It's relatively messy in here, which kinda reflects his mental state since Becky left. He hasn't necessarily been unhinged or anything, but he seems distant, unfocused.

He doesn't seem to care much about anything, including keeping his room clean. Hell, the bed isn't even made and the day is already half over.

"Sorry it's a mess, I just haven't gotten around to picking up in here," he replies, flopping into his desk chair with about as much grace as you'd expect.

"I don't mind," you say, trying to think of how to say what you want to tell him. "Listen, I actually came here to apologize for WrestleMania."

"Which part? The part where you left with my girl before I could make up with her, or the part where you took her to your hotel room and had sex with her?" he asks, chuckling a little bit. He reaches into the mini fridge, pulls out a beer, and cracks it.

"How do you know about that?" you reply, a little shaken up. You never told him... did Leah snitch after last night to try and salvage what of her plan can still be carried out?

"Remember when we talked a few days ago? Well, I ran into Becky right afterwards." He takes an unhealthy sip of his drink before continuing, "She told me everything, from you two doing the deed to what she did while she was M.I.A."

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't bother, I'm not mad at you. It was never going to work, anyways... I just wish you would've gone after her."

"Why?"

"I heard the way she talks about you. I want her to be happy, and she seems like she'd be much happier with you than she ever was with me," he says, downing the rest of the beer. He looks at you rather resentfully, but you can tell that he meant what he said.

You and Colby call it even, and you decide to head back to your own room. In the elevator, your mind races as you think about what just happened. The loose end is tied up, but you have so many fucking questions.

Why did Colby choose not to confront you after finding out you lied to him? Why didn't Becky tell you they talked? There are so many questions, and not even close to enough answers. Oh, this is your floor.

You step out of the elevator to find Trinity knocking on your door, demanding that you open up. Apparently this loose end hasn't been tied up at all.

"There's nobody in there," you chuckle, slipping your key card into the door to unlock it. Once open, Trinity pushes you inside and shuts the door behind her.

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" she demands, pacing your floor. Kinda reminds you of last night... right before you fucked her.

"Probably because we agreed to go our separate ways...?" you reply, slightly annoyed. That was the whole reason you hooked up with her last night: so that part of the story could be put to bed. At this point, it's just excessive.

"But we can't just 'go our separate ways'!" Her insistence makes you wonder about something.

"It was never about them, was it?" you ask, staring her right in the eye. "The whole cheating thing... you were just using that as an excuse to fuck me! You didn't give a shit that Jimmy was cheating on you!"

"Not really. I was planning on divorcing him anyway," she admits. Fuck, you played right into her hand... now she can take everything from him and run. All she needs is you.

"Trinity, there is no 'us'. I don't want to be with you, at least not like this." You're starting to thank your lucky stars that you didn't send her the audio clip of you and Becky, because you feel like she'd definitely post it as revenge for this.

"So that's it? The sex meant nothing to you?"

"Not really, since you basically forced yourself on me both times," you reply coldly. "I did what I thought was necessary."

Trinity peels her shirt off to reveal her bare breasts. With tears in her eyes she demands, "So you're telling you don't want this?"

"Pretty much."

Trinity sobs as she puts her shirt back on and storms out of the room. You watch as she slams the door behind her, and for a while you feel bad about what you did to her. Then again, she used you just like Leah did.

Both of them pretended to care about you just because they wanted something from you. Neither of them actually had your best interests in mind. You're sick of getting hurt by girls...

But you've still got one last loose end.