Chapter 6 - Central City Strong

3rd Person POV

"Babe? You home?" Iris asks, walking into the apartment. Barry speeds around, setting the table. "Well, the Speed Force is definitely fixed because the loft did not look like this a second ago."

"You like it?" Barry asks with a smile

"I love it." Iris says. "Like the trip to Maui yesterday and the fresh crepes this morning from Paris. You, Barry Allen, are the most romantic husband ever."

"Yeah, well..." Barry trails off with a smile. "Mack is staying with Cait tonight..." He says, leaning in to kiss her. The ground shakes and an alert pops up on Barry's phone. "Satellites say it's just a small, everyday earthquake."

"Not our earthquake, right?" Iris asks, referring to their daughter

Barry gets a text. "Cait said MacKenzie's fine." Barry says. "That earthquake had nothing to do with her."

"Good." Iris whispers, leaning in to kiss Barry

Unknown to the two, different colored lightnings strike through the sky

***

MacKenzie's POV

"After Mirror Monarch's brutal attack on Central City last week, construction areas like the one behind me have popped up all over the city. Volunteers from local businesses and everyday citizens are working hard to repair the damage Eva McCulloch left behind." A news reporter says. Barry skids to a stop in his Flash uniform. "And here is the person we've been waiting for, the hero of Central City, the Flash. An earthquake hit Central City last night, a city already on edge. How is morale?"

"Well, the sign says it all: Central City Strong." Barry says, gesturing to the sign behind him. From where I'm volunteering with Caitlin, I stop working to listen to what he's saying. "I let down this city by failing to prevent Mirror Monarch from tearing our community apart. But I will make it up to you. I promise. Together, we're rebuilding our community, our homes, our lives. It'll take time, but... but I believe in this city, its resilience... Most of all, its people. That's how we'll survive this. Central City Strong."

"Thank you, Flash." The news reporter thanks

"For The Arielle Atkins Hour, this has been Arielle Atkins." The reporter says, closing out her segment

"Yo, this is epic." Chester says from where he's working with Cisco. "I didn't know S.T.A.R. Labs did volunteer work."

"Mm-hmm. Not just us. Kord Industries is showing up for their shift in an hour." Cisco says. "Hey. You got any more nails?"

"Oh, yeah." Chester says. "I got your box nail, finishing nail, casing nail, masonry nail... all the nails."

"Uh..." Cisco trails off

Caitlin and I carry wires to the table where Chester and Cisco are. "You got a latte in there?" Caitlin asks. "Cause I'm as fried as these wires."

"Oh, Runk-adelic, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Cisco asks

"Yeah, we gotta replace–" Chester starts

"Jitters run." Cisco says

"Or Jitters run. I like Jitters." Chester corrects. "We should do Jitters."

"One latte coming right up." Cisco says

"Make it a double." Caitlin tells him

"A hot chocolate for the teen?" Cisco asks

"You know it." I say with a smile. "Thanks." With that, Caitlin and I grab the wires and move towards Allegra. Caitlin groans

"You okay?" Allegra asks