22. All's fair in love and war

✨✨Na guerra e no amor tudo vale ✨✨

Sasuke P.o.V

Everything is fair in love and war, so when Sasuke woke up the next morning and Naruto was missing, he locked eyes with Joseph, and knew something sinister was up.

Naruto, his love, was gone, no note, no anything.

For a while they thought he might've gone out to train a bit, or breathe some air. But as the hours passed and they had no news, Sasuke's heartbeat started to spike, and his thinking wheels started to turn.

Everyone was chatting in the living room, trying to come up with a plan to find Naruto. They seemed to think he had gone out without a cow and had gotten lost. But Naruto would never be so stupid.

Sasuke got up from the sofa and left without a word. He'd have to work on his own if he wanted to get anything done. And after all, the only person he could trust with something as important as Naruto, was himself.

He got into Naruto's room, where he found Betty in low spirits, laying on his bed.

"moooo"

"I know Betty, I miss him too" He flopped down next to her.

"moooo"

"Why would you say that? Do you know anything?"

"mo..."

"Come on just tell me, I wont let anyone harm you"

"moOoOoo"

"Go on....."

"mOOOooooOO mo Mo"

"No.............."

"moooOoooo"

"Why didn't you tell me this before??" he sat up, disappointed. This meant Naruto was in danger. oh god what was happening to him?

Sasuke had never felt so powerless in his life. Well that wasn't true. When Itachi had murdered his family, his whole clan, he hadn't been able to save them. Was Naruto to be taken from him too??  He couldn't bare the thought of it.

He got out from the bed and started gathering gear, anything he could use to kill.

"moooo......."

"No... I'm not mad at you Betty. I'm definitely mad at that asshole, but I could never be mad at you. Let him rest, revenge will be at his door soon enough"

"moooO"

---------------------------

Sasuke lost no time rushing out of the house.

He'd find Naruto, and kill whoever laid as much as a finger on him.

"Where are you going?" Joseph asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"What does it matter to you?" Sasuke simply answered, checking if all his knifes were in place.

"You're not going to find him, not here. This isn't some city you can just go looking around in"

"Why did you ask if you knew the answer?"

Joseph knew something, but there was no use in asking him, he wouldn't tell. And he'd be punished later if he had anything to do with it anyway.

"You shouldn't leave today. Tanaka and Ito will break the curse tonight, at the local church. Don't you want to be here for that? I'm sure he's fine"

Sasuke started walking away at once, trying to keep up with Betty's pace.

But after all, Joseph was right. Sasuke didn't have any leads, the only think he knew was what Betty had told him: That she had heard him being taken during the night, she was sure he had been kidnapped. When she was about to give an alert, Joseph appeared and shut her up with a Jutsu.

It was already lunchtime, and Sasuke wondered if Naruto had eaten. He wondered if he was cold, if he was scared. But the biggest question was why exactly had he been taken?? What would anyone here want with him?

"If you kidnapped someone Betty, where would you take them?"

"Mo"

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Mooo"

"Everyone has thought about kidnapping someone!"

"Mo mo"

"Ok then. What about a place a that isolates. If Naruto is being held captive he has probably tried to escape, releasing high amounts of chakra. If he was in a normal location I'd have felt his power by now. He has the nine tailed fox after all"

Betty stopped walking and took a minute to think.

"Moo0O"

"It doesn't matter if it's far away. Do you think it might be the right place?"

"M0"

"Ok then, Let's go!"

——————————-

The sun was about to set, and Sasuke and Betty had yet to arrive to their new destination. 

The journey was dull, and Sasuke was so tired of walking he could just about sit anywhere. Well, he would if he didn't have more important things in his mind. Was Naruto dead? He knew he shouldn't think like that. It was probably not even true- but he couldn't help regret that he wasted his last moments with Naruto, talking to Sakura instead of seizing his loved one and spending all his time with him as he so much wanted. 

Naruto had been jealous, he had been able to see it, but what could he do? Still, he shouldn't have left him there banging his head against the wall. Honestly, a part of him just wanted to show him, to prove, how unhappy he would be if he chose to be with Sakura. 

"mooo0oooOO"

"So this is it huh? creepy"

It was an ugly house, no doubt, but that wasn't what threw him off. The house in front of them had runes drawn in it, and they looked pretty recent too. They were sprawled upon every wall, like whoever did it was in a rush. 

"Do you know what those mean, Betty?"

"mo :("

Sasuke held tight to his knife and went ahead and kicked the door down. They walked in uncertainly, and felt as if there was something clearly telling every cell in their body to leave.

The house was bigger on the inside than the outside, everything in it was old and worn out, he could see only tones of gray. No one lived here for sure. 

The marks inside were equally fresh, there was one in every wall, as well as a massive spider in every corner.

"m000O"

"Why do you say that?"

"mO"

Sasuke followed Betty's stare into the rune over the doorframe they had just walked through. 

"moooo"

It meant imprisonment. 

A cry was heard from the upper floor.

"He's here" 

Sasuke flew up the stairs, skipping every step he could. He reached the closed door at the top and banged on it. 

"Naruto"

"Sasuke" He stammered, hesitant, from the other side of the door.

"What the fuck happened?"

Author's note 

:0 omg guys, we've hit 1k views. 

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I just want to say thank you so muchhhhh to everyone. Especially to @hey-donuts, who got me writing this story in the first place <3

PS: I'm already writing the last chapter, and once I finish I'll post all the chapters in one go. But I don't know when I'll finish cus I've got covid :(