9. Mr tanakas storytime..... and cuddles

Naruto p.o.v

Naruto was most definitely confused. Kind of sad that Sasuke had called him a child. He wasn't a child. But anyway, he was confused at what Mr. Tanaka was about to tell them. Was there more to his story? Why didn't he tell them about it from the start ?

And he wasn't a child! God why did this sting so much? It wasn't the first time someone criticized him like that so why couldn't he get it out of his head?

Sakura looked visibility uncomfortable when she walked into the room, looking at where Naruto and Sasuke were seated. She sat down on the ground a bit in front of them, probably on purpose so she wouldn't have to look at them. He felt kind of bad for her, this probably looked really bad in her eyes. Would she think Naruto was trying to steal her boyfriend? He'd never. Not just because hated Sasuke but also because Sakura was his friend and getting with him was basically betrayal.

"Ok so, my story with Ito started long ago, when we were but little grasshoppers. He was my brother's best friend, and was always at our house. He was the best ninja in the village, fast, silent... sexy.

"I had a crush on him, there's no denying it."

Mr Tanaka storytelling was oddly... soothing, and Naruto felt himself start to relax, not caring so much about how much of him was touching Sasuke.

"But he never really noticed me. We talked from time to time, but never alone. Now that I look back at it, I see that there was probably a reason for that. My brother wasn't a LGBT friendly chap, and he must've known, even before I did, how I felt.

"I tried to get close to Ito, and one day, not knowing that my feelings were frowned upon by society, I confessed in a quiet blabber near the lake. I'm proud to say It was quite romantic" he said with soft smile.

Naruto couldn't help but think this was all very adorable, though he just knew it didn't have a happy ending, seeing at how both Tanaka and Ito were now.

Naruto felt Sasuke also relax next to him, resting his hands on his own knees. Unconsciously Naruto mimicked him and they both felt more comfortable. What was it about Sasuke's warmth that relaxed him?

"That day was the first time I saw Ito cry. It was devastating to see the village's hero fall apart like that. He told me everything I was stupidly unaware of. By the end of it, I still didn't quite understand if he liked me back or not. But, I did know, that whatever I was feeling, had to stay very well hidden if I wanted to survive."

"So..." Naruto said, almost sleepy but not bored "Ito scared the gay out of you?"

"Not quite" He responded, with a sigh and a small laugh "But he certainly did try. He was looking out for me I guess... Back then people weren't so open."

"But even after he tried to push me away, I kept going for him, having found new confidence in the possibility of romance. I begged and begged, promised we'd keep it a secret. But he kept insisting that I didn't understand, that for me it was a faze, that I'd regret it. It was like he was incapable of believing I was gay

"Eventually I was found out. Someone who I thought was my friend read my diary and-"

Naruto felt a soft touch on his hand and panicked, his heartbeat spiking in a mere second. Should he look at Sasuke? Inform him of what he was accidentally doing. No, he knew what he was doing, he had to know because there's no way someone touches you like this, so soft, so sure, without knowing.

He couldn't make himself look at him for certainty, so he did what his instincts told him to: He put his hand closer to Sasuke's.

"Well, he told everyone of course. It was so bad that I moved here, building a new identity for myself. Eventually, times changed. People became more open, and many times I thought of going back, finding Ito and making a life with him... But I always chickened out.

"Even after all these years... after all he did to try to keep me away... I still love him"

Naruto blinked twice at the word love. What the fuck was he doing, almost cuddling with Sasuke. Someone might think they were in love. He took his hand away from Sasuke's in an instant, perplexed at how it even happened in the first place. He felt Sasuke stiffen next to him.

"so I did a little research and found out where he lived now. I also knew about the 'boy's night's' because, back then, he hosted them at his house and never let me in. I think it was some kind of support group and he just felt like I didn't need it? Anyway, a gay dance contest sounds way better"

"So that's why I hired you guys. I'm like 60 now, So it's about time I got over myself and did something about my feelings again. I just wanted you to find out how he was living now... I'm just sad that I didn't quite learn what I wanted to.

Mr Ito paused for a second, tears starting to form in his eyes "He has a child.... that means he has a girlfriend wife, whatever, even if they're apart, he has a big responsibility..."

"It means we'll never be together"