4. Not my day

Sasuke p.o.v

Sasuke knew when he came back to consciousness, that he had slept better that night than he had in a long, long time. Still with his eyes closed, Sasuke wondered if it was the mattress, it was definitely different from the one he had at home. Maybe it was the warmth, it was warm, the pillow he was hugging almost felt like a human.

what?

Sasuke sprang his eyes open to meet Naruto's, staring back with awkwardness. What was his problem? Wait, no why is Naruto here?? In a flash of realisation Sasuke let go of him and jumped to the tip of the bed "what the hell-"

Naruto broke him off "What do you mean what the hell?? I was on the bed first! I don't know when-"

"The bed was empty! I swear!"

"No it wasn't because I was there!"

"I reckon my vision in the dark isn't that bad!"

"Reckon again then!"

"What do you mean I- oh-" it hit him like a slap that the pillow he had been so happily cuddling all night had been Naruto. And that- no- he wouldn't admit it even to himself.

"Transformation jutso?" Sasuke asked, sitting down on the bed, hand on his forehead

"Yes" Naruto mumbled, also sitting down on the other side of the bed.

"We will not speak of this"

"Agreed"

-----------------

Naruto p.o.v

The breakfast table was just beautiful. Tanaka's house was kind of shit but he sure did go all out on meals!

Naruto's eyes widened at all the choices! There was ramen, and eggs, and- oh! He had to try some of that Italian michelin bacon!

Saying a quick good morning to Kakashi sensei and Sakura, Naruto dived right in - grabbing a plate and putting on it anything that would fit. He grabbed the kettle to make some matcha tea and set it to 100c. He set up his eating space as far away from Sasuke as possible, not wanting to spare another look at his well rested face.

Prepared to dig in, Naruto heard the beep of the kettle, signaling that the desired temperature had been achieved. He slid his chair back in a sloppy hurry and-

"Shit!" Sasuke hissed

Yes, he had hit him... right there. Naruto looked at Sasuke's eyes closed in pain, horrified at this interaction. Then, he looked there, only to realise that Sasuke now had his eyes open and was looking at it too. They looked at each other again, but Sasuke didn't leave room for apologies, turning around with his serious face again, mumbling a small "stupid"

That idiot!! What the hell was he doing behind Naruto in the first place?? Everyone knew how unpredictable he was! His back is a dangerous place to be!! It was his fault, so why was he the stupid one.

Naruto resumed the quest to his tea, now less joyful than before.

"What's wrong Naruto?" kakashi asked softly

"Just Sasuke being his usual diva..."

"You two..." Kakashi sighed, waving his head in a disapproving but loving way "always up to something with each other. How did you pass your night?"

"Well, you wouldn't believe it-" Naruto started, while putting the boiling water in his mug "There was only one-"

Next thing he knew, Sasuke was pushing him against the counter, making him spill his precious tea onto him and Kakashi.

"SASUKE WHAT THE HELL" Naruto screamed, his eyes watering from the burns. "Kakashi let's teach him a lesson!!"

Kakashi didn't react, instead asking mister Tanaka to bring him some paper and ice. But Naruto wasn't done yet

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR???"

"So you learn to keep your mouth shut!" he scream whispered back, not an inch of regret in his eyes.

"I WASNT GOING TO TELL THEM WE SLEPT TOGETHER!!"

"YOU JUST DID!!!"

Naruto turned around to look at the others, surely he hadn't screamed that loud, plus, no one usually paid attention to him.

He examined their faces and understood that, at least Sakura, had heard him for sure. Tears were forming in her eyes, and her fists were curled up like iron, her mouth contemplating a scream or a silent punishment.

"You guys... slept... together?"

Why was this such a big deal for her? Two straight guys sleeping in the same bed. Like yeah it was uncomfortable for them, and they might've been up to one not so straight thing, but still nothing had happened.

Tanaka stopped whipping the water from the ground and coughed a bit

"I'd appreciate it if you boys refrained from your sinful ways while you are in my house. its uncomfortable to know what you're up to with me right in the next room. no. sex. here"

Naruto went red instantly, freezing on the spot. He looked at Sasuke, who's reaction was a mirror of his.

"It's- It's not like that!!!!!!!" Naruto denied, waving his hands around.

"Yeah!! We just slept in the same bed" Sasuke stammered, trying to help "Like, really slept!!"

No one knew what to say. And Naruto and Sasuke were both speechless, processing what everyone thought they had done! How could they! They knew, they knew, that they hated each other! They didn't even have any chemistry, plus, Naruto wasn't gay! They knew that and still they were so quick to assume that they had gotten busy in the sheets. Tragedy.

"You know guys..." kakashi started, being the one to break the silence "Even if you had been up to what you clearly weren't up to it would be fine!"

"NO IT WOULDN'T!!" Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura all shouted back.

God, Naruto thought to himself, todays is not my day!