Chapter 3: drowning

'Drowning. What a strange feeling...' was all I could remember thinking before I felt someone grab me.

I coughed out water. A lot.

What was going on?!

My Body went limp.

3rd Person Pov:

Sabito groggily sat up. His lungs felt heavy, his throat hoarse and to top it off, the water hashira had a headache the size of Wa Shi Tong's library.

So to put it simple: He felt like shit.

The boy looked around.

The first thing he noticed was that he wasn't in his estate anymore.

But where was he? And what had happened?

Sabito got out of the white bed and waited till his vision cleared. Before he could start walking towards the door, a little girl came in. "Oh! I'll inform Shinobu that you're awake, lay back down." "Wai-"

'Aaaaaand she's gone.
Great.'

Not finding the energy in himself to just walk out and somehow finding his way back home, Sabito decided to do as told and got back in the bed.

As soon as he got back under the covers and let his head rest on the soft pillow, the water hashira realized just how exhausted he was.

"Sabi, wake up!" A small voice called, shaking him out of his slumber.

With half-lidded eyes, Sabito looked at the little boy smiling brightly at him with blue eyes closed.

"...fi'e mo' min's..." he answered grumpily and turned around again.

Giyuu erupted into giggles. "Come on! The sun is shining!"

'I miss him being shy.' the sleepy boy thought. "The fuck am I s'pposed to do? Photosynthesis?"

...

"What does fuck mean?"

His eyes snapped open as he turned around. 'Shit'

...

"Uhm Sabito? Why are you praying?" Giyuu asked, slightly disturbed, watching tears flow down his best friend's cheeks in rivers. "My time has come. Goodbye, oh horrible world! I love you, Giyuu! Don't forget me!"

The younger boy flushed a bright red. "EH?!"

Suddenly, Urokodaki kicked the door down. "I heard my baby swearing! Sabito, if you taught him that shit-" "what does shit mean?"

...

"Ok you're fine this time."  "Phew"

"Ah yes. Memories. The good ones are always the best." The water hashira said, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Indeed, they are."

That scared the living shit out of Sabito. He hadn't noticed the insect hashira come in. "Oh, hello, Kocho. Since when are you here?" She smiled as usual and handed him a glass of water. "Good morning. Not that long. How are you?"

They kept talking back and forth.

Sabito found out that he had fallen into the pond ("Wha- HOW?" "...I don't know either, Sabito.") and someone rescued him. Kanao had found him coughing out a lot of water beside it and passing out after.

He had been out cold for two weeks. He had almost drowned. That realization brought... comfort to him? He couldn't explain it, really. But deep inside, he knew.