Chapter 2: the dream

Sabito Pov:

I was walking through a forest.
I know this place...
Have I been here before?

"Do you blame yourself?"

I turned around.

"Hello?"

"Do you blame yourself?"

I saw a figure in the shadows of the trees.

"...For what?"

The figure stepped out of the shadows.
No...
But... He's dead!

"The incident"

He was covered in blood.

"Sabito..."

The voices whispered.

"Sabito..."

Why won't they stop?!

"Sabito..!"

STOP!

Suddenly, a hand grabbed him.

"SABITO! HELP!" He screamed.

" GIYUU! ...huh?" I woke up sweating.
I could barely breath. I shakily got up and walked out of my room.

I was staring at the pond in the water estate.
The water looked so peaceful...

It had started to rain... how ironic.

He had always loved the rain...

Especially when we would dance together and Urokodaki would scold us for making the floor wet and getting sick.

...

"DAMMIT!" I yelled and sank to my knees.
I bumped my fist against the ground and only then I noticed that I had started crying.

'I'm weak. I couldn't save him...'

3rd Person Pov:

The rain was drumming against the ground and Sabito decided to go inside or he'd catch a cold.

His body was shaking with sobs.

Sabito was tired. So tired, in fact, that he didn't even notice the small and gentle voice whispering "Oh Sabito, how I hate seeing you cry..."

Timeskip brought to you by my teacup

Tanjiro Pov:

I did it. Final selection was over and I was walking towards my sensei's home.

As soon as the hut came in sight, the door was kicked open and out came...NEZUKO!
'SHE'S AWAKE!' I ran towards her and we hugged and I cried. Urokodaki also came outside and joined the hug.

That's when Sabito appeared. He looked unusually tired... His smell... Something was bothering him...

He dropped an object he was holding upon seeing me and ran to join too. "I knew you could do it!" He yelled and bumped his fist in the air. Nezuko nodded with a "hmph!"

I enjoyed the nice moment but...

Something was off. There was the smell of a different person here. But as quick as it appeared, it vanished. Usually, my nose never lies. But this time I'm not so sure...

Sabito's Pov:

My old sensei was making us some tea while Tanjiro and I talked.

"Sabito..?" he asked. I hummed in response. "Excuse me if it's a personal question but when I mentioned your name at final selection, everyone turned their heads. You never told me you were a hero to so many! I was told something happened, that made you kill every single demon in the final selection with a broken katan! Is that true?"

I chuckled but couldn't hide the pain that came with the memories.

"Well yes but no. I did kill them all and my katana did break. But I killed the demons after final selection and that with a borrowed katana from the same person who brought me some... news."

The boy seemed to hesitate.

"...May I ask, what news?"

Silence...

Dead silence...

"...No. At least, not yet. I'm sorry..."

Tanjiro just smiled understandingly. "It's allright. Tell me, when you're ready." I started laughing. "And I'm supposed to be the older one! You're really mature, Tanjiro." He brightened up even more at that. I fell backwards, dramatically shielding my eyes from him. "Ahhhh it's blending me" I joked and tried my best not to burst out laughing.

I failed miserably!

Then there was a noise, kinda sounding like a huff.

I stopped laughing. "Huh?" I asked. Nezuko, who had been laying on the floor, holding her brother's hand, was staring at me. I was about to ask what's wrong, when she got up, waddled over to me and started patting my head.

Tanjiro immediately started apologizing rapidly while I just enjoyed the affection. "I'm so sorry, Sabito! She does that as a sign of comfort!"

I chuckled. Now it was his turn to be confused. "It's fine, really. It's a nice gesture. I did need that right now."  Tanjiro sighed in relief.

...

"Ok. you can stop now, Nezuko." "Mhmph."

—————————————————————————

An: again, pretty short but eh. So sorry it didn't come out earlier but I'm currently feeling like shit and I don't know what's real anymore 👍😀✨
ANYGAYS! I kinda wanna draw the scene where Nezuko headpats Sabito but I currently can't draw for personal reasons, so it'll be added in an extra chapter where I'll put all the drawings together. Do you have any suggestions or wishes for this story?

That's all from me, have a nice whatever,

Byeeeeee✌️

-Arty✨

Today's question: Do you prefer comfort or style?