Chapter 6: Who are you..?

3rd Person Pov:

Sabito was sitting in Urokodaki's hut. The hashira's mission had been unsuccessful, so he  had decided to stop by and talk to get his mind of all the corpses he had seen. Maybe, he could get some advice from his former sensei too?

"Maybe if I had arrived earlier, I could have saved them. Damn Uppermoon, I didn't even end up finding him! I'm so fucking useless..."

Before the poor man could spiral downwards even further, Urokodaki re-entered the room, holding two cups of tea.

The mug felt warm in Sabito's hands and the smell of lavender helped calm him down.

"So. Would you like to talk about it?"

...

"Not really. I will, eventually but I think I'm not ready yet."

"Very well."

The both sat in a comfortable silence, sipping on their teas once in a while.

"Hey, sensei..."

"Yes, Sabito?"

...

"I think... I think Giyuu might still be alive."

Crash

The former hashira had dropped his mug and was now staring at his former student absolutely horrified.

"I know it sounds crazy but... Someone- Someone saved me from drowning a while ago and gave me his haori and I think- I think I saw him again and-and maybe-"

His rambling got interrupted abruptly as Urokodaki  pulled the other into a hug.

"Sabito... I know how much it hurts but he died that day. Our Giyuu is dead and there's nothing we can do about it."

As Sabito lay limp in the older man's arms, he absentmindedly wondered when he had started crying...

He couldn't feel a single thing...

~timeskip brought to you by my Cavetown playlist~

Sabito pov:

"Boriiiiiiiiiiiiing" I stated in a monotone voice, laying square on the floor and reaching my right hand up at the ceiling.

I had gotten a week off after the Master found out about the failed mission and my visit at my former sensei's.

Everyone else was out on missions so that meant I had to be alone with my thoughts again.

Maybe I am going crazy... I thought as I reflected on everything that had happened the past two months.

"Stupid missions. Stupid demons murdering your best friend. Stupid best friend maybe still being alive but no one believing you cause you're stupid. Stupid you for not being able to make coherent sentences. Stupid-"

His angry muttering was interrupted by his brother-senses tingling.

He jumped up and speedwalked towards the butterfly estate like a karen on black friday.

Kicking open the door of the infirmary, the hashira yelled "Where are my munchkadees?"

Said man got greeted by a little girl running into his arms happily.

Sabito's look softened as he hugged her back.

"Hello, Nezuko..."

Sabito looked up and his lavender eyes fell onto the young boy laying in one of the beds. He sat down on a stool beside the bed, still holding his little sister.