Chapter 1: a boy and his demon-sister

Sabito POV:
I started running, once again hoping I'd be fast enough. I still had hope that someone survived and even if they didn't, I could at least slay the demon responsible for this!

I heard a male voice yelling something and saw a young boy with red-brownish hair, tied in a ponytail, wearing a checkered haori and long earrings. He was being attacked by a female demon which had long black hair with orange ends.

But something was off...

Was that demon...crying..?

'No! Focus, Sabito!' I thought to myself.  I jumped up and was about to slice the demon's head off, when the boy pushed her aside. I ended up missing and cutting off the boy's hair.

Whoops.

They both rolled to the side and bumped against a tree. I turned around to them, confused and asked that boy "Why are you protecting her?"

He seemed afraid.

Was he afraid of the demon?

No...

He was afraid of me?

I put my katana away and kneeled down in front of the boy, who was still trying to hold the demon in place. I decided to just chop her neck so I could talk with him in peace, without killing the demon, since there seems to be a reason he's protecting her.

"Nezuko!" He yelled. So that's her name?

I asked again. "Why are you protecting her?"

Tanjiro Pov:

"She's my sister!" I exclaimed truthfully. "She would never hurt anyone! Nezuko didn't kill them, she looked like she was trying to protect them!" I tried explaining hastily. Was that man going to kill her? I can't loose her too! She'd never hurt anyone, she-

"What's your name?"

H-huh?

"I'm Tanjiro Kamado."

"Ok Tanjiro. My name is Sabito. Now listen to me, your sister has been turned into a demon. Which means, she will have to eat humans to survive. I'm a demon slayer. That means it's my job to kill demons. T-" I gasped.

"She didn't do this! There was another smell! That stranger killed them! She's innocent!"

The peach haired man seemed to think for a while.

"Are you sure she isn't the one who killed your family? The transformation into a demon takes a lot of energy. She must be starving! The blood of family is extremely tasty for demons."

Tears started forming in my eyes again.

"Nezuko, she- She was protecting them! She wouldn't..."

I didn't really expect what happened next.

Time skip brought to you by my nonexistent will to live :D

Sabito Pov:

I walled towards that massive boulder, just to discover that Tanjiro had managed to slice it in half already! He looked exhausted. I went over to him and gave him a pat on the shoulder. He turned around.

I smiled at him.

He smiled back.

A lot had happened since the day we had met:

I had decided to let Nezuko live, under the condition that the master approved. Which he did! I had to test her, to see if she'd try to drink my blood but she had looked rather disgusted at it.

Master had let me decide if I wanted to tell the other pillars. I decided not to. Some of them *cough cough* Shinazuga wouldn't be as...
...understanding as I would have liked them to be.

I had gotten my old sensei to train Tanjiro and I'd occasionally stopped by to help, especially since Tanjiro had first tried to split the boulder.

I visited Giyuu and mine's favourite spot between missions.

...I just missed him so much...

Together with Lady Tamayo, we've been trying to find a cure for Nezuko.

But...

Something's off...

I just felt it..

Something wasn't right...

'I'm probably just imagining things!'

The day was nearing.

The day I had lost my best friend, my love.

'I hope you're happy up there, Yuu...'

—————————————————————————

An: hi :,)
Sorry that it's rather short, I didn't have time to think of more, since I really wanted to get it out today (it's currently 22:43 in my country)  and I had to take care of my little brother who decided it would be a good idea to stab me with a fork. Spoiler: It wasn't. That hurt lol.

Welp that's enough of me!

Remember to eat and drink enough water!
My private messages are always open if you need anything!

Have a great day/night/ whatever, byeeee✌️

-Arty✨

Today's question: What's your favourite flower?