Chapter 8.5: Dancing in the rain

A/n: so this is important for y'all to understand what the fuck is going on in this chapter. So this text is describing what's happening in the present (past? Idk I write in the past tense so technically the past? You know what I mean) and this text is describing what's happening in the flashback. I apologize in advance.
———————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

The two raced through the forest, headed towards their special place, not bothered at all that they were getting wet.

Delighted chuckles rang through the trees as the two young boys ran towards the clearing, happily jumping around in the rain.

They stopped in the middle of the clearing, Giyuu looking around. This brought him so much nostalgia. Oh, how he missed this place.

As they ran towards the middle of it, Sabito heard a thud and turned around to see that his Giyuu had tripped and fallen face first into the ground.

Sabito laughed, seeing his love mesmerized by their surroundings but also took notice of how beautiful he looked. It was almost dark and his eyes seemed to glow, which looked absolutely stunning in the rain.

Sabito laughed as Giyuu pushed his head off the ground and glared at him. "Alright, alright. I'm helping you up."

Suddenly, the raven laughed as he twirled around a bit, enjoying the feeling of the water hitting his skin. He halted as Sabito chuckled and reached out his hand in a silly bow. He then asked-

The peach boi reached out his hand and the other made a motion to grab it but before he could do so, Sabito asked-

"May I have this dance?"

Realizing, what was happening, the demon grabbed his boyfriend's hand with a smile as the hashira pulled him close and started to softly sway with him before moving around the clearing.

Stunned, the younger boy took his hand with a nod and let himself be pulled up. Sabito then took both of the other's hands and started spinning the both of them around.

Sabito let go of Giyuu's back and guided him to twirl through his left arm (Help, I can't properly describe this-) while moving back a step and then caught him again. They smiled at each other for a moment before Giyuu swiftly twirled back around to how they were before.

They were turning faster and faster, now jumping around the clearing as they giggled on. This was so much fun!

Neither of them could really dance so they just did what felt natural. They were now holding the other's right hand as they moved away from each other and back together again.

Around and around they went, never once letting go of each other's hand. Though they were slightly starting to feel dizzy, they didn't want this to ever stop.

They were in the standard dance position again. After a while of dancing in the rain, Sabito announced "I'm gonna do it" to which Giyuu responded "Don't you dare." He did it anyways.

"Imma do it!" Yelled Sabito through their laughter. Always knowing what the other was thinking, Giyuu let out a squeak before yelling back a "No!" But it was already too late. Sabito lifted Giyuu up by his waist and as expected, the two boys fell down to the forest floor and giggled as they layed beside each other, not caring how they were going to get scolded by Urokodaki for catching a cold.

Sabito dipped Giyuu backwards and laughed at the undignified squeak that left the other's lips and the unamused look he got, once he pulled him back up.

As the two young lovers lay there, at their favorite place, with their favorite person, they knew that they had just created a memory none of them would ever forget.

—————————————————————————

A/N: *Awkwardly* Hey! Hey... How's it going..?
I swear to god, I need to stop forgetting this exists. So uh, I'm incredibly sorry that even though this took so long, this chapter is really short and probably really confusing. I'm also writing this instead of sleeping so please point out any grammatical errors or plotholes in this.
That's all!

Byeeee, take care!
-Arty

QOTD: What's your favorite book genre?