Chapter 7

Will tenderly picked hannibal up in his arms and ran out of the cell. The man didn't even weight half of what he was supposed to and was shivering. The guards were all Drugged up as predicted by Chiyoh and they safely made it out.

Chyioh was waiting on the steps of the prison when he exited the door . Her eyes grew sad as she saw the state hannibal was in as hannibal looked vacently at her without any sense of recognition

"Let's go " she hissed " the drug will lose its effect in half an hour and the escape will be noted "

They trampled across the dark road with hannibal wrapped around Will arms. As will tried to place hannibal inside the back seat he couldn't remove his arms around him as hannibal stubbornly refused to let go

Chiyoh sighed "I will drive . you sit behind with him........he needs you will" she whispered "just as you need him "

Will couldn't even argue with her because he knew it was the truth as he looked at the figure of hannibal wrapped around his arms. Will smiled at hannibal tenderly as he caressed his cheeks. Hannjbal looked at his eyes confused but trusting and leaned into his touch.

Within few minutes of ride more ambulance and police patrol could be heard which starled hannibal .

"Shit did they find us already ? " Will asked frantically ready to run with hannibal

"Relax its not for us "

"What did you do chyioh?"

"Nothing severe........i asked one of my contact to set fire on the old warehouse "
"WHAT WHY???"Will asked

"For distraction. they will be searching every vehicle passing through the street . The ambulance won't be noticed as it will blend with the crowd . Don't worry no one is hurt it was abandoned "

Will huffed but had to agree that it was a good plan and went back to comforting hannibal with kind words .

"Do you remember the story of achilles and patroclus........now I get it ......I get all the metaphor and symbolism .......am sorry it took me too long . " Will wishpered as he embraced hannibal tightly ."it took divine intervention to take them down "

They reached his house within few minutes escaping all suspicion. Chiyoh looked back at Will and Hannibal

"The authorities will come to you in no time . I will watch over the road and inform you when they do ." She looked at the thun pale figure of hannibal "its all up on your hands Will.......take care of him ...........please "

Will nodded and took hannibal inside his house. The dogs crowded around them as will slowly kept hannibal on his arm chair . Among the group of dogs buster and Winston were the brightest so it was no surprise when they immediately ran towards hannibal who looked starled to comfort him.

Hannibal looked confused but allowed the warm furs to surround his body in a comforting way as Will chuckled and went inside the kitchen to get some soup for hannibal. When he came back with the soup his heart melted on the sight of hannibal petting the dogs  with slight uncertain smile on his face.

Will came towards hannibal who tense up immediately as if forgetting his presence.
"Hannibal ....."Will said softly "do you know who I am ? Do you remember?"

Hannibal like a scared creature shook his head slowly. Will looked sadly at him.
"Your name is Hannibal.......Hannibal Lecter . I am Will Graham . I will free you from this hell hannibal I  promise. Do you trust me ? "  he said stretching his hand towards hannibal but keeping his distance.

Hannibal looked at his outstretched hands and looked back at him after some hesitation he took wills hand who beamed with slight happiness.

"Come Let's eat something " will took hannibals hand and tenderly fed him some of the soup.

"Now .......your clothes they are a mess ......can we change them ?" Will asked softly to which hannibal looked confused but looked at will trusting and nodded.

It was a heart wrenching scean . Hannibals body was not only pale but was also filled with bruises and marks. It was clear that he didnt suffer only psychologically inside that hell. The marks of needles and cuffs could be seen distintly. His once lean and muscular body was now malnourished and skeletal.

Will was watching all those marks filled with anger when his phone rang
" they are coming will. You have atleast 15 minutes hurry ." Chiyoh said

Will quickly covered hannibal with the best comfortable clothes he owned and tenderly looked into hannibals vacant eyes.

"Hannibal .......... some people are going to come here now . I will keep you in the basement and you are not to make any sound . Do you trust me dearest?"

Hannibals eyes shone with slight fear but he nodded.

Will helped hannibal inside the basement which was lit softly by the bed side lamp. Hannibal violently shivered when he saw the wall chain and looked at will panicked

"No no my dear those are never meant for you . No one can hurt you with me around . Trust me this time please ."
Will pleaded. He placed hannibal on the large bed ge manged to get it below and gently kissed his forehead
"I will be back for you soon . Don't make any sound . Can you do that for me ?"

Hannibal leaned in the touch and nodded. Will looked up in consideration then He called out Winston his most trusted and intelligent dog down into the room .

"Winston here will accompany you. I will be back soon. " he looked at hannibals eyes for few seconds before climbing up and shutting the door then covered it with the heavy red carpet.

As soon as he did he heard the sound of many tyres and cars on his front yard thena heavy knock.
Will took a deep breath and put on his socially awkward attitude he had many years ago when he was still teaching.

He opened the door looking  confused .

"Hello........Jack "