Chapter 9

Weeks passed by since the great escape. The media was going wild and the FBI were running around like head less chicken which amused will.

Will did made an significant development in helping hannibal. No longer was hannibal all skin and bones. He fed him and dressed him in the best dresses Will could get. Will read to him all the classical books and even filled the house with classical music just to reach out to the buried memories in his mind.

The first few days were very hard for them as hannibal was a wreak loose.
He flinched at every movement made by will , he refused to eat and didn't sleep and wouldn't respond to his own name but did respond to the name tag exp -001 which angered Will extremely. He would tear down every member of that experiment he swore to god.

The only comfort hannibal seemed to have was from the dogs so Will would let them in first then He slowly tried to gain hannibals trust again.

Now hannibal looked relatively healthy. He still had bruises on his face and body but not as sever as it was before. Still he hadn't spoken a word to him or anyone else.

The deep elegant voice of hannibal was one of the things will had missed so deeply ........but He was willing to wait wait for his beloved to come back to him.

Currently they were In wills bathroom as he helped hannibal take a bath. He was gently massaging hannibals scalp when his phone rang. He was just getting up when a growl of disapproval came from hannibal . Will chuckled

"Just a minute. I will be back in no time ."
Hannibal reluctantly let him go and will answered his Call

"How is he ?" Chiyoh asked through the phone

"Well he is doing visibly alright . His physically healing perfectly bit.....his mentality will take some time so will his memories . "

Chyioh was silent for few seconds "maybe I have just the tool to help him recover some . I will come by your place within few hours . "Then she hung up.

Will returned back to hannibal who looked at him curiously. He just shrugged and went back to helping hannibal in the bath. After the bath he made sure hannibal was comfortable and warm and place him on his bed.

Hannibal was not a prisoner here. He was free to wander around the house and even the outer grounds as long as no one saw him and he didn't wander too far.  Will was grateful for the privacy of his place as he didn't need to worry about anyone seeing hannibal.

After few hours of reading to hannibal will heard Chyiohs truck arriving which caused hannibal to panic.

"It's OK hannibal . It's a friend " he reassured hannibal and left the bed to see her.

Chyioh was standing on the porch by the time he made it to the door.
"So " will said " what do you have for him "

Chyioh merely nodded toward a medium sized chest and replied.

"This is hannibals chest. All of his most precious memories are locked in here. He had it kept safely in one of his fake accounts in the bank.......this might hell him greatly. "
Will nodded curiously looking at the chest.
"How did he get those bruises any way "

"Did you really think the doctors were the only one abusing him ? The guard was harsh and threw him around and even beaten him up many times. Of course he didn't have the guts to do it when hannibal was not Drugged up "

Wills eyes snapped and he clenched his jaws in anger.

"Who was it ?" He asked

"Jacob McKellen" she replied passively "he quit his job week ago" 

He silently asked for the address and noted it down.

Will nodded as he picked up the chest and walked inside with Chyioh curiously eyeing him.

When he went inside hannibal was still sitting upright on the bed. Will gently place the old chest infont of him and sat beside him.

Hannibal looked curiously towards the chest  and will.

"Open it . It's yours " will said encouraging

Hannibal hesitated a bit before opening the chest. The first thing visible was Wills own coat that hannibal had cleanly and carefully preserved in a plastic bag

Will chuckled and place it aside. The chest were filled with journals and even found Wills old glasses.
"I was wondering where that went " will said to himself .

Then opened the innermost compartment of the chest. There was a old ragged doll which hannibal gently picked up and caressed carefully. Beneath the doll was a old family picture. Will could see two adults sitting on separate armchairs with two children's standing between the chairs .

They were undoubtedly hannibal his father mother and  his before mentioned sister......misha holding the same doll on hannibals hand. How happy the family looked.

Hannibal looked at the picture for a long time forgetting the world around him when something else caught Wills eye. There were coulired pictures of.....hannibal and abigail taken in recent years . Lots and lots of pictures of them together happy cooking reading and horse riding.

Will picked each of them up and looked at them until he reached the last one.

In the picture hannibal was seated on a large arm chair with a vacant chair on his  side while abigail stood between the two chairs. Both smiling warmly. Will didn't take long to understand it......for whom the chair was left vacant for.

'There was a place for abigail in your world ' a distinct voice whispered ' a place made for you abigail and me.....together '

Will looked deeply in the picture which was snatched by hannibal with a growl his eyes filled with betrayal and  deep sadness.

Will softened "hannibal......." he whispered but the older man paid no mind to him and clutched the doll and the pictures tightly. Will simplied cleared his throat eyes polling with tears as he got up and went to the door

"I will be downstairs if you need me"

With his heavy heart will went down stairs and sat on the couch the memories flooding back