Moment of Honesty

Beyoncé was dealing with her breakup with Kelly in all the wrong ways. First she left their dorm room angry, then she got drunk and did something as dumb as kissing her best friend.

Robyn left the room the night Bey kissed her and Beyoncé stayed. She knew Robyn was mad and had other places she could crash. She just wanted to talk to her and let her know how sorry she was for crossing that line.

It was almost the end of the night and Beyoncé needed some more clothes for the next day so she went down to her dorm room with hopes that Kelly might be asleep.

Beyoncé quietly opened the door and immediately heard deep sobs coming from Kelly's side of the room. She shut the door behind her, causing Kelly to look up.

She sniffled and grabbed tissues from the box that was laying on her bed.

Even though Beyoncé was pissed at Kelly, she still had deep feelings for her and seeing her cry crushed her heart in ways unimaginable.

"What's wrong Kelly?" Beyoncé asked sitting down besides her, placing her hand on her thigh to let her know she was here for her.

Kelly sat up and stopped crying momentarily to talk to Beyoncé.

"I just got a call from the hospital. It's my grandma.. somebody broke in and attacked her. She's all I got left in this world and I don't even know if she's okay" Kelly cried.

"She's not all you got" Beyoncé said lifting her chin and wiping away her tears. "Grab what you need. I'm taking you to go see her"

If they were still together, Kelly would kiss her right now. Beyoncé was always kind to her, no matter the circumstances. She didn't have to drive her all the way back home to see her grandma, but she offered anyways.

It was late at night and Kelly wasn't even sure if Beyoncé was completely comfortable driving at night yet. But she did it with no questions asked, just for her.

Once they entered the hospital and found the room her grandmother was staying in, Kelly ran down the halls to see if she was okay.

"Grandma!" Kelly ran to her granny and hugged her, not too tightly because she was still fragile. Her granny smiled and hugged her back.

"Kelly, what are you doing here? Isn't it a school night?"

"Forget about school. Are you okay?" Kelly asked analyzing her face for any scars. She didn't look as bad as she imagined on the way here.

Her grandma shood her away. "I'm fine, Kelly. Don't be so dramatic. Believe it or not, yo grandma used to tussle back in the day" grams said, making Beyoncé laugh.

She stood by the door, letting them have a moment together. She wanted to see if her grandma was alright too. She was a very sweet lady to her when they first met.

"It's nice to see you again Beyoncé"  Kelly's grandma smiled.

"It's nice to see you too. I'm glad to see you're doing okay" Beyoncé replied with a genuine smile.

"Why don't you come in and sit down next to Kelly?" She asked.

"Oh no.." Beyoncé declined politely, looking at Kelly. "I'm gonna grab some water and let you guys talk. It was really nice seeing you again" Beyoncé said excusing herself from the room.

Kelly sighed as she watched Beyoncé leave. Her grandma noticed Kelly's saddened facial expression as she left and raised her eyebrow.

• • •

Two years ago Beyoncé was brought to this same hospital with her dad. The car accident was pretty bad. She was lucky enough to get away with a few cuts and bruises, but her father drew the short end of the straw. When they crashed, he hit his head on the windshield. He hasn't woken up since.