Looking For You

It was finally Beyoncé's birthday weekend. She had a late birthday so it felt like she was waiting forever for this day to come. She didn't want to throw a regular house party like everyone else did. She wanted to do something different for her party, so she invited everyone she knew to the skating rink. Well.. all except for one person.

Beyoncé looked over at Kelly; who was doing homework on her bed, contemplating on whether she should invite her to the party or not. She was her roommate and they have been getting along so far.

Kelly could feel Beyoncé staring a whole through the side of her face so she turned her head towards her.

"Is there something bothering you, Beyoncé?" she asked.

Beyoncé's face began to heat up after being caught looking at her.

"Um- no" she shook her head and took her eyes off the girl.

Kelly shrugged and went back to focusing on her homework.

"It's just that my birthday is this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to come to my party"

"You're really inviting me to your birthday party?" She asked putting her pencil down and looking back at her with her eyebrow raised.

"You don't have to come" Beyoncé said quickly. She didn't want to seem like she was begging or anything. It was just her way of being nice. "But you can, if you want to" she added.

Kelly picked up her pencil and tapped it against her chin. "Hmm.. okay" she hummed, not giving her valid answer.

It was finally the day of Beyoncé's birthday. She was getting ready for her party and noticed that the room was oddly quiet. Kelly wasn't here. She realized she hadn't seen her all day. Not even when she woke up this morning. She really didn't give her an answer on whether or not she'd come to her birthday party.

Beyoncé drove to the roller rink alone. Robyn said she would meet her there. She walked inside and didn't see anyone. The building was completely empty. She furrowed her eyebrows and walked further inside.

"..hello?" She said.

"One.. two.. three" she heard what sounded like Robyn whispering and then out of nowhere.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone shouted, popping up from the inside the rink. Beyoncé smiled wide and playfully rolled her eyes. They didn't have to hide. It technically wasn't a surprise party because she already knew they were coming.

She hugged Solange and Robyn first and went around thanking everyone for coming out.

She grabbed a pair of skates and joined them out on the rink. It had been a long time since she's done something like this. She wasn't a pro skater but she knew how to roll without falling. As time went on she got better and better. She was having a good time.

That was until she realized one person she invited didn't show up.

"You ready to cut the cake?" Robyn asked.

Beyoncé snapped out of her thoughts and nodded her head. She followed Robyn to where everyone was gathered. She chuckled at the cake. It was the shape of a giant roller skate.

Everyone circled around her and started singing happy birthday. She looked at each and every person, still finding herself searching for Kelly. Why did she keep looking for Kelly?