Part 1

A/N: Welcome to Book 2 ! :)

I hope you'll like this continuation!

***

"Gabby! What about this one?"

Gabriella's gaze moved up, her previously blurry surroundings focusing in. Vanessa was holding a bridal magazine, showing her an outrageous wedding dress. It was puffy like a cupcake, and big enough that she would never fit in a doorway - not to mention the fact that maybe her nipples would be covered but the rest of her breasts would spill from the top.

"I-hm, I don't think it's really me."

"Come on you could totes pull it off."

"Something more simple maybe."

She didn't want to be doing this. She didn't care what her wedding dress might look like. WORSE - she didn't think there would be a wedding dress. The charade they put up in front of Francesco - she thought that was as far as it would go.

But no.

And if that wasn't enough? The second the wedding was over, he shoved her in the car, forcing her to leave. It seemed he didn't want her around so that no one could overthrow what happened. The further away, the safest.

Except he hadn't come back yet - and it had been two days.

Two fucking whole days.

The marriage certificate had arrived bright and early the first morning, but no husband in sight.

She tried to ask about him but was told not to worry about Niccolo. They did however dump a shit load of bridal magazines for her to browse. A big wedding - a fancy wedding to show the world - and invite her unknown family, the Mancini.

Now, she would have to pretend in front of everyone. It was one thing to fake it in front of strangers, but it was a whole other thing to do it in front of the people she loved. Her mother, her brother - her best friend. How would she pull this off?

Plus, why was everyone so fucking excited about this? One look at the room, and one would think these girls were the ones getting married. Suddenly, they were all best buddies, trying to help her, picking stuff out.

Why?

They hadn't been rude to her before or anything, but they hadn't made a conscious effort to get to know her. Why now? Was it because she was technically married to Niccolo? Did that give her something she wasn't aware of? Did it come with a special label?

She hadn't asked.

She barely asked any questions.

"What about this one?"

The dress was a little simpler. A long tail with lace at the edge of it, a nice corset but see-through sleeves tied it in together. "Sure."

Vanessa quirked an eyebrow. "Gurl, why do you look like someone shot your puppy? You are Niccolo's wife. Do ya know how many girls tried to pull that trick and got tossed on their asses? You should be celebrating... using his credit card to order champagne and food! Go shopping. Go wild!"

"Ohmygod!" Jenna screamed. "We didn't get to throw her a bridal party! Let's do her bachelorette!"

"OH TOTALLY!" Vanessa replied, dropping the magazine onto the table, then clapping her hands together in excitement.

A little too much excitement. "I-I don't know what you think I have, but I sure as heck don't have his credit card."

Vanessa tilted her head to the side, her ponytail swinging. "Sweetie, trust me. He didn't leave his wife here with no means to take care of herself."