1161 - 1170

1161. If you love hugs, you'll be glad to know that hugs release natural pain relievers. When two people hug or cuddle, their brains release oxytocin, which is a hugging hormone. Oxytocin appears in a person's brain, and their ovaries and testicles are also involved in this bonding process. Oxytocin helps decrease headaches and can help the pain go away for up to 4 hours. So if you're feeling tired, stressed, or in pain, hugging is a great alternative to any pain reliever.

1163. Women feel that men become more attractive if they saw other women smiling at them.

1163. Simply looking at a photo of a loved one can help ease the pain. It has been shown that the presence of a loved one can help a sick person or the improvement of the patient, but so can an image. In a study conducted among people experiencing pain, participants were shown pictures of their loved ones and puns. For those who were shown pictures, their pain was reduced significantly more than participants who were shown the word game as an alternative.

1164. People who look similar and have the same level of attractiveness are more likely to end up together than people who look significantly different. Many social researchers indicate that there is a pattern in the way people choose their partners or romantic relationships. This is demonstrated through a Coinciding Hypothesis, which indicates that people are more attracted to other people who share a similar level of attraction with them.

1165. A hug of more than twenty seconds will release chemicals in your body that will make you trust the person you are hugging.

1166. Always remember that no amount of guilt can solve the past and no amount of anxiety can change the future.

1167. My dream is to live a good life and be loving, be close to God and be a good human being and bring peace to people.

—Ziggy Marley

1168. The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art.

—Leonardo da Vinci

1169. To make mistakes is human; to stumble is commonplace; to be able to laugh at yourself is maturity.

—William Arthur Ward

1170. But little white lies here and there is human nature. Everybody does that.

—Lucy Hale