Chapter 26

A/N: Ignore in this chapter that Remi can swim without any problems. I originally wrote the chapter before the episode came out that Remi couldn't swim. 

Remi stepped out of the changing cubicle in the Wellston Water Park into the wet part of the changing room, clutching her bag by her side. On the other side stood Seraphina in her galaxy swirls, high neck swimsuit with a zip on the front that went down to her stomach.

"Did you find a locker?" she asked her, glancing to the key in her hand.

"Yes, I'm just waiting for Evie now." She pointed to the cubicle next to the one that Remi had stepped out of. Just then, the door clicked open and Evie stepped out.

"Hey, are you ready to go?" Evie asked, a small rope bag slung over her shoulder.

"Yeah." Seraphina turned down the corridor out into a more open part and up towards a locker numbered 576 and opened it up with the key in her hand. Remi and Evie pushed in their bags into the locker after they had pulled out a towel each.

Then they walked down the corridor, past the showers and saunas before they passed through an archway into the glass dome. On the other side stood Blyke and Isen by some of the tables, she rushed over to him (or at least as far as a slippery pool floor can allow) and put her towels down next to theirs.

"I'm going to find John," Seraphina said, taking a few steps back to one of the passageways. "Or at least as much as I can find him in a place like this."

Seraphina walked off to the main pool with Evie close on her heels, who waved before she went.

"So where do you want to go first?" she asked, pressing her hands together.

"The main pool. There's a slow river there and a wave every fifteen movements," Isen said. "Then we can find out the other places. I believe almost everyone else is there."

Remi entered by the shallow steps into the pool in her halter top, light pink bikini. Her arms scooped up into the water as she swam gently through it. As she came up to Blyke, she pulled her legs up beneath to stand beside him. "When did Isen say the wave pool was?"

Blyke glanced down to her. "He said it was every fifteen minutes. I didn't see the previous one, so I guess that means that it hasn't passed and that we are closer to the next one than the past one."

She looked around them and then grabbed his hand. "Come on, let's go deeper."

She led him swimming up to the lane rope, which she ducked under, and waited for him on the other side.

"What about the others?" he asked, holding the lane rope.

"They have each other," she replied. "Plus it is not that far to swim back."

He followed her out into the deeper water and she swam over to a waterfall and pushed herself up to sit on a small rock in the water. He paddled by her and found a place on the rock next to her.

"So what did you want to talk about?" he asked. She reached for his hand and entwined her fingers with his.

"Anything really," she replied, looking up to the glass ceiling. "How was your family during your suspension?"

"We were calling during that time?" He raised an eyebrow. "My mom grounded me – I think I'll be grounded when I go back for summer vacation."

"I'll probably be grounded for life if my parents ever found out," she replied.

"That be for a different reason though." My parents were a lot more upset that I would even consider doing that then yours would be.

"Yes." Remi stared out to where the others played in the pool. "How did they react to that?"