Chapter 12

As Seraphina leant against the wall in the corridor outside of a classroom door, the same thoughts kept rolling through her head.

Who was the note from? Well, there were two options (or more, technically). John or the organisations that took my ability. Or at least, those were the two that dominated my mind.

John didn't want to talk to me as far as I knew but his mind could easily change. If he was under Cecile's grip that tightly, he may have to be secretive about it. Though, I had no clue how he would have done it.

No matter how I looked at it, that secret organisation was more likely – even if that was just because I should have caught John in the act. The organisation already had at least one invisibility ability user (such as Terrence) and they had a reason to meet me so far away.

The bell rang.

John was one of the first out the door as he began speed-walking down the hall, so he could avoid the crowds. And she raced up after him.

"John!" she half-yelled out to him once she was a few feet away. She glanced behind her to see all the students finding different routes to their next class. Perfect. She turned back to him. "Do you want to talk? In private."

"No," he replied and quickened up his pace. She matched his.

"John, I just want to talk. I want your help," she begged, still a few steps behind him every time. "I think it's about you know what and I don't want to go on my own."

"What? So you want me to be your bodyguard now? Get over yourself." He huffed and turned away from her.

Oh, so now your offended? It's not like you weren't doing that for a year.

"I want us to be friends, John. Please try with me."

"Well, I don't, Seraphina," he replied. "Just leave me alone."

She came to a stop as he continued on. Why do I bother?

So, she would have to go alone if no one else was wiling. Well, there probably were others but she didn't have time to ask.

She pulled on her green jacket, pulling down the sleeve to her elbow.

As she stepped out of her bedroom door, there was a knock at the door and Elaine's footsteps pattered out as she ran to the door.

"Coming!" She swung the door open. "Arlo, thank goodness! She's in her room! Hurry!" She pointed to her. "Uh-."

She stepped towards them. "What are you doing here?" She glared at him.

"No. I heard about what happened between you and John today." God, did it get up out already? "It's them, isn't it? I'm coming with you."

"W-WHAT?!" Elaine exclaimed.

Seraphina and Arlo arrived at the café and entered.

"Anything stand out to you?" she asked him as she looked around. It was all couples and groups of friends sitting around the café – particularly couples.

"No," he replied.

She looked up to him. "Let's just grab a table for now .They'll approach us when they're ready."

They took a table in the middle of a café with three seats.

A waitress walked up to them with her hair in two blue pigtails. "Hi, I'm Ella! May I take your orders?"