Chapter 10

Seraphina sighed as she walked through the empty school corridors. Maybe she shouldn't try anymore and focus on other things like Remi suggested, but it just could not leave her mind.

It wasn't like what John had said wasn't in the heat of the moment, so it wasn't impossible that he wouldn't mean it after a good night's sleep.

Finally, she spotted him in the halls. He was standing across from a classroom door with Zeke next to him, attempting to start a conversation.

"John?" she greeted and stood next to him. "How was your morning?"

He glanced to her, dark bags under his eyes. Okay, not a good night's sleep.

"Are you feeling okay? You don't look well?"

John looked away from her and brought out a textbook.

That's not how I taught you to revise?

"Do you want me to quiz on that?" she asked.

He screwed up his nose and looked further to the wall.

"Are you ignoring me?" she questioned to nothing. She huffed out and walked off to class down the hall to make it within the last thirty seconds before the bell.

Remi bumped her paper cup with Blyke's and isen's.

"Cheers to a successful Safe House opening!" Isen said.

"Yeah!" Remi replied before she took a sip through the straw.

"We can't let our guard down though," Blyke said. He had a cut across his left cheek – apparently from a fight he was using to train. "Especially with Zeke walking in and tyring to force everyone outta there."

"I just hope people like it there," Remi replied. "Maintaining is going to take a lot of work, but once we have good foundation, I think it'll grow on its own."

"Friday night, in the town of Grasshill, there was a double vigilante sighting. One went by the name 'Nobody' while the other remains unknown," the presenter on the TV news announced. She had light red bobo of hair and matching eyes with dark brown skin. She wore a cream shirt and purple blazer and tie. "This has been our first new vigilante sighting in a long time. With the recent rise of EMBER, the 'Superhero' trend has become stagnant."

"Sheesh, what kinda loser calls himself 'Nobody'? At least come up with a better name!" Isen commented.

"I know right? That's lame as hell!" Blyke replied.

"'Nobody' was spotted wearing a dark grey hoodie and he seems to have red hair." The photo flicked up on the screen with a similar shade of red hair to Blyke's. "With some kind of propulsion based ability."

Blyke shifted in the seat behind her.

"Let's go to Grasshill and see what its residents have to say."

A man with teal blue hair and orange eyes is a microphone was held up in front of him. "Sir, you had an exchange with one of the vigilantes, 'Nobody'. Could you tell us a bit about him?"

He scratched his head. "Well, he had red hair and golden eyes. He sounded pretty young. Could've been a student, maybe? He jumped in while we were trying to fight off Lennon. When I asked him who he was, he told us to call him 'Nobody'."

"What?" Isen questioned. "Red hair, golden eyes. Student with a propulsion type ability?" He turned to him. "Dude."

"Here's some additional footage we've collated from this incident. 'Nobody' had been struggling against a criminal. He suffered multiple injuries and was later immbolised."