Chapter One: New Territory

IMPORTANT: When text is like this it means characters thinking whats written.

Its hard moving, but it gets easier, really I should know, my family moves like all the time. Im April Tale Silverwater, well thats my full name. I'm 17 years old and I'm a sister to 5. Three girls and two boys. Sindy(24),Jules(19),Nikole(17), the twins James and Rory(7) and my mum and dad Maria and Kyle (41).

My family is the same as other families, we argue, embarrass each other, look out for one another and spend time with each other. But there is one more thing, something that is extremely different, something that would scare, frighten and confuse other people. See, we have this family curse, a curse thats was set ten generations ago by a witch named Alrawolfa. She was a cruel woman and my ancestor Ten generatios back (great x10 grandfather) traded with her a piece of gold, but it was fake. She set a curse that when ever he got angry, frightened or when a full moon rises he would turn into a wolf and change back when calm and the sun rises, and there was no way to reverse the curse. This curse has been in our family ever since.

Then came the generations of my family that would face the most challenges,my generations.

I awoke to the loud sound of removalist trucks reversing early in the morning. I turn onto my stomach and shove my face into my pillow trying to drown out the noise. Sadly, it didn't work. I decided to get up and go down stairs. None of my siblings where awake yet.Typical. I see my parents trying to put the last things into the truck. They are so distracted they didn't even realise I was there. So I just scavenge for food.

"Mum,mum" I yell "where's the food?"

"It's in the plastic bag on the table" she says picking up a box of plates. I look over and see a banana and some blueberries. At least it's better than nothing huh.

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh,omg,omg" someone yells. My oldest sister Sindy runs down stairs, phone in hand. A smile spread wide across her face.

"Sindy what's goin on?" I ask confused about what she was going on about.

Sindy ignores me and keeps walking. Then a sound that i hear every single morning. the twins Rory and James coming stomping down with there dinosaur feet ugg-boots they always wear. They jump from the stairs onto me, making me fall onto the cold wooden floor. "Why do u guys always attack me? Why not Nikole or something?" i say with limited amount of breath. " Because your funner to annoy" they both say at the same time making me think of how strongly bonded they are.

*_-Later-_*

We had just gotten in the car and are heading to Willamburra our new home. I'm so happy i have my laptop to keep me company during the trip. I put together mixes, tracks of songs mixed together. To be a DJ is my passion and i want to become famous for it, like so bad. My brothers are playing with a green gooy sludge.(One of the toys people can get). Mum rips around the corner as a car nearly hits her which makes the slimy green goop going splatting into my face, it keeps its shape but leaves a big green mark imbedded into my face. Thats not gonna come out, damn. I'm in the back row of and eight seat car and of course I'm always with my brothers.

I close my eyes and think of what my next life would be like.

*_- A few hours later-_*

The car slowed, and i open my eyes to find the forest, its beautiful and up ahead was a house, 3 stories to be exact. It was my new home. I was happy at the surroundings and see a beach not to far. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Everyone got out of the car and headed to the front door. The twins raced up stairs whilst they left there bags behind and tracked dirt through the house. " BOYS!" a loud rumble of our dads voice went racing through the house. My ears did ring a bit but they went back to normal after a second. He's the alpha in the family, the leader, the creator, i know sounds strange but his glowing bright red eyes say that he's strong and is not to be messed with.

The boys slowly walked down stairs, heads down knowing that they where going to be punished. And they where right, having to clean the house up, take everyones bags up and set the table. To a normal kid that would of been so exhausting, but when u have supernatural strength its help s a bit. The thing is the twins, Nikole and I are the only ones who haven't gone through the changing, 17 years and 2 months is the exact time when a born wolf ( born wolf- person born into a family of werewolves) can change. I'm 17 and 1 month so I'm nearly there. But before you go through it you still have I handed hearing, scent, eye sight, strength and sense heightened until you change and it becomes even stronger.

Mum called in a family meeting once everyone was unpacked and there was at least lounges set up. "I have gathered you to say that me and your father have already enrolled you into a school" she said with a smile, everyone groaned and awed. " For your own safety our land is 23 acres , so thats a lot of land. We have set out green tap around trees indicating that you are on the border of our territory. If anyone and anything other than our family or people we know cross the tape then we can be in danger so always be on high alert" mum said as everyone yawned. It had been a long day.