Chapter 8: Heartless Lover

I open the door, surprised to see my partner at my front door again.

I try to push the door halfway closed and walked away.

" Hey " I hear him call followed by the sound of the door opening a little bigger.

" Go I dont need you. " I spatted at Gray

" (name) I was just shocked that I was going to die this early, but now that I though about it... This is my punishment for killing all of those innocent people. "

" You can think about any way you want but you are just covering your fears with excuses. You really dont want to do it but you are just saying thing because you want to forget the fact that you are going to die in no time soon. You wont even be able to live for that long because the battle is short but intense. You can die in the 12 hours we have to take over. This isnt something that has unlimited time access you know. I have trained and trained for this day, everyone says that I should have dragged it on much longer but the capital has been doing worst and worst to the poor innocent people. Do you really understand this Gray? I know you are just doing this because you want to seem like a good person, but this isnt like that. The people you have killed will never ever come back even if we win this battle and return safe and sound. "

I looked at Gray dead in the eye, our silence was making it harder for me to control my feelings. Tears started strolling down my cheeks, I turn around grabbed my sword and slid the cloak hood on my head. I walked out the door pushing Gray to the side, " Lets go kill some criminals. " I said " Dont mind what I said before, my personal feelings were way to involved in this. "

" No (name) " Gray said as he grabbed my wrist " I am just a heartless lover. "

" Lets kick some ass " I said with a smile

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

We sat behind a bush waiting for the perfect time to charge into the palace.

" Hey look (name) the soldiers are switching shifts or something. We should get ready to attack. "

" Ok. Are you ready? "

We both say in unison " Three... Two... One... " and sprinted towards the palace gates.

" Who are you?! " a frightened voiced called out from behind. Both Gray and I slid on our black hoods and turn around, not saying a word but just staring at the male.
" Ahh, Holy... Its the assassins pair. We need more soldiers, hold them back. We need to protect the king and minister! "

" Go eavesdrop on the king and minister. Remember to keep yourself invisible. " Gray whispered into my ear.

I nodded and ran off, turning myself invisible and followed one of the soldiers to the king.

I wonder if shes going make it
I wonder if hes going to make it
They both thought.