Chapter 2: Who I Met

Your POV

I have been living in this cabbin for 7 months now. Every now and then I would always set out into the forest and set up a little training camp there for myself. And today is one of the days.

I've been swinging my sword at this tree trying to cut it down. I let my anger out by letting out a huge scream and a swing.

" Oh gosh. It actually went down. "

" Was that you? " an unfamiliar voice called behind me.

" Uh, the tree thing and the scream? Yes. "

" Oh wow. Good job there. Expressing your anger. "

" Oh thanks. By the way, my name is (first name) (last name) "

" Im Gray, Gray Fullbuster. Its a pleasure to meat you. "

" What are you doing here so late in the forest? Its freezing! "

" Well... I got banned from my guild for a week and decided to roam to random areas. "

" So you are a wizard huh. Can I ask for a favor then? "

" Yea sure. "

" Ok. So can you help me train? "

" Of course. But under one condition. "

" What is it? "

" Let me stay here. For the rest of the week. "

" Um sure. Well you should be getting some rest now. " I said as I walked into my tent. " Here are some things that might be helpful. " I threw out a pillow and blanket " Feel free to sleep anywhere you would like, but dont even come in here. "

" But I will freeze to death. "

" Thats none of my concern, I am just providing you a place to stay. "

" Who will help you if Im dead then? "

" I can always find someone else. "

" Wow "

" Ok im just kidding, but still go to sleep. " From that point on I just ignored everything that Gray said and drifted to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to a very chilly feeling. It was almost like what I felt when my mother was murdered, the same kind if chill running down my spine.

Could that boy have been Gray? I am trying to seek revenge for my mom but the person involved with this is the one I care about. Am I really going to be able to kill him, just like how he killed my mother? Am I saying that I am inlove with this guy? What the hell am I thinking?! I AM NOT INLOVE WITH HIM NEITHER IS HE THE BOY THAT KILLED MY MOM.

I quickly shook the thought out of my mind.

I grabbed my sword and came out.

" What are you doing up so early?! "

" Oh I am practicing for the fight we are going to have before I start training you. "

" Oh. So I see you are an ice mage. I knew you would be alright in the cold. "

" Wow, such a cold hearted person "

" How did you sleep? "

" I could sleep that well so I just decided to practicing early. How did you sleep? "

" Oh yea, it was good. "

" Do you have control over any magic? "

" No, I am just a swordsman. My sword is just, I dont know how to explain it, but it was soaked in poison before I obtained it. "

" So, the poison can kill anyone with just one slit no matter where it is? "

" Exactly "

Gray started making his way towards the other side of the camp and looked at me " You ready? "

I looked at him back with a smirk on my face and said " Yup "

I pointed my sword right at his chest and counted " One "

" Two "

" Three "

We both ran towards each other, both concentrating.

" Let's see who wins! " I yelled

I have a feeling this is going to be easy to beat. I dont think I have to even lift a finger. Just dodge around and put this sword at his neck. I thought to myself. What am I saying, my mood changes to quick. I just need to focus on the battle. He could be the best one.

" You are dead " he shouts, " Its too easy to attack you. "