Chapter 3: Judging for Practice

I pointed my blade at Gray and dashed towards.

" Ice Make : Lance "

Ice particles darted towards me.

" Demon Slither "

Multiple chain blades rushed towards the ice particles and quickly sliced it up. I turn my sword on its edge and put it against Gray's neck and whispered, " Checkmate "

" You are strong than I though "

" Thank you. " I said as I looked down at the floor, " I am so sorry, I lied to you. I actually didnt need you to train me. I just wanted to test your powers. And you were strong, I think this is too much to ask from a guy I just met, but would you mind to joining me in assassinating the evil and protecting the poor? "

Gray POV

( name ) just asked me to join her in assassinating the evil, even though I just met her yesterday. I cant imagine myself leaving (name) here and leaving her alone in killing the evil. I dont know why I feel the need to protect (name)

" So? Are you going to answer or not? " (name) asked

" Oh, sorry. I was deep in thought. My answer is yes, I will help you assassinate the evil. "

" So go and resolve everything you need to do and pack up your things. Meet me up at the edge of the the forest. " (name) smiled

I nodded and walked away from the camp " I havent been assassinating anyone in a while. "

" Haha, what? " (name) turned around and found that he was gone.

Your POV

Did Gray just say that he hasnt assassinated in a while. Does this mean that he killed someone before?

I was deep in thought about what Gray has said and packing up my things from my cabin.

Now that J think about it, the kid that was with the king had the sane chilly feeling when he was about the kill my mother. This morning when Gray was practicing his magic I felt the same exact chill down my spine. Could Gray have been that little boy? I mean the boy back then was about my age too. And Gray seems to be the same age as me. I shouldnt think about the horrible things my crush 'could have' done. I need to know the person who he is now.

" What did i just think about?! Am I falling for Gray? " i whispered. I shook my head trying to get rid of the though.