Zayn

The dance seemed even harder than it was before we got the new dancer; I seemed to grow even more frustrated with my lack of ability as I watched the instructor closely. I couldn’t help but feel sympathetic as Ashi grew frustrated with my incapability.

So, to say that class went slow to me is an understatement, it seemed as if the lunch break was a whole day away, yet the others all seemed to watch me, waiting as if I was bound to hurt myself. I knew they are all looking out for me but the fact that they seemed to watch me as if I’m a little kid seemed to just push me over the edge, so when it did come time for lunch I gratefully walked out to have lunch on my own, though if things ever went my way I wouldn’t of heard the feet that followed me, trying to keep up with my long strides.

I sighed in annoyance as I stopped, turning to see who was following me. I was pleasantly surprised at the one following me. “Hey Ariel, you need something?”

“Nope, I was just wondering if you would like some company for lunch.” She walked up to me, so I had to look down slightly at her (unlike the other girls who are much shorter), smiled softly and nodded my head. “Oh, well that is kind of a surprise, everyone said not to bother you when you’re in this kind of mood.” She softly said as she walked past me, leading the way. I chuckled and easily caught up with her.

“Well, I am the mysterious bad boy that no one seems to be able to tame, but you know, that’s what everyone seems to think.” I answered lightly, chuckling as she softly giggled.

“So, what are you then? I mean, besides the tattoos and darkish exterior.” I looked at her, she is beautiful, her dark skin with slightly lighter hair with hazel eyes. I smiled at her, earning me a slight smile back.

“Deep, but no one seems to want to dig to the bottom. I doubt the boys might even want to go down really far, they seem to be stuck halfway down the hole till they ran into rock.” I answered honestly.

“Then whoever gets that far will be a lucky person.”

“I doubt that, they’ll be stuck with me.” I said as we walked into the dining hall, gladly taking in the sight of food. “Now, what is your favorite type of pizza?”

“Hawaiian.” She simply answered as she took a piece of said pizza.

“Well, I personally like the peperoni.” I responded, taking two pieces of my own.

“Yes, I know. I’ve been with Danielle when she has picked up food for you boys, and because of her unability to be quiet she likes to tell me what each boy finds the best.” She explained timidly as the group started to collect in the group. I nodded in understanding as I lead her to a table for us to sit at.

“So, this is the bad boys table. But, I’ll make an exception to a beautiful woman such as yourself.” I told her, making her giggle and her look away, I knew if it was possible for her dark skin she would be red faced. We both sat down and ate our food in silence, and just like last night, it was comfortable.

I looked over at the boys as they messed around, it was typical and I smiled at my brothers. “You really love them.” She stated yet, I still answered.

“Yes, I would be nowhere without them.”

“I can say the same with Danielle; she got me out of something that I could never repay her for. They become family after they do that, even of it is just that they join a band with you.”

“Hey, don’t knock it. But I must warn you the boys love their games, especially truth or dare. They did it all with the other dancers and they might get you to do a round with everybody today.” I warned, looking at her face it seemed to pale. I chuckled, “They won’t make you if you’re that scared.”

She nodded and went back to her food; that was until her phoned beeped. She looked at it and her face lit up, making me chuckle at how easily something was to make her happy.

“Hello… Yes, I am at lunch, why?... I don’t know why he won’t answer his phone; he probably left it in the hotel… Do I have to? Why can-… I know that you love me doesn’t mean I am going to bothe-… Ok, one second, you curly haired freak.” I watched as she sent me a look saying she’d be back. I nodded my head and watched her walk across the room before going back to my food.

“Payne, your girlfriend is annoying me, next time remember your phone.” I looked back up as she handed her phone to a blushing Liam and headed back over to me, shaking her head in annoyance. As she sat down I took a bite of my food, her doing the same thing.

For the rest of lunch we didn’t talk, and when we went to practice I knew I wouldn’t get the chance to talk to her in a while, so I focused on my fail dancing.