Ariel

I woke up the next morning, my internal clock completely thrown off, which is why I am wandering the hotel hallways at three in the morning. My ballet flats padded against the floor as I explored the back corridors of the hotel. But, I stopped at a door, the one lonely door in this lonely hallway. Yet, it holds one word that made me excited. Roof.

I smiled as I opened the door, the night air warm as I climbed the metal stairs up to the roof. The breeze bringing even more warm air, my shorts and tank leaving me cool.

I got to the top to see the stars, all the lights in the city off. Sighing, I walked onto the flat roof, glad for the silence, yet the buzz of the night air, the crickets, and even the occasional car made me feel not alone.

I stopped though, a puff of smoke coming into my vision from the other side of the roof. Curious, I stopped as I saw a body laid on the ground, having a cigarette.

“You know, those are bad for you.” he jumped, startled by me being here.

“Ya, I know. I have tried to stop, but it’s extremely hard.”

I nodded, looking at the raven haired boy. “I know.”

He looked up at me, his amber eyes held curiosity, but he didn’t ask. He sat up, patting the spot next to him. I sat down and looked out at the city. We sat in silence, my thoughts going back home, and what I would be doing now at home.

“Your different.” my thoughts were broken by the Bradford accent.

“How?”

“You’re quiet, calm. Don’t get me wrong it’s not a bad different, it’s nice.” I chuckled as he looked over at me.

“You’re quieter than the other boys. And believe me, I am always quiet.”

“Well, than we will get on well.” I turned my head and smiled at him, getting one back. I turned back to the sight, letting our thoughts settle. “You know Danielle.”

I could hear the statement, he already knows that because at dinner after Liam had gotten Harry to remove the spoon in front of him, I was abused with and onslaught of questions about said girl. “Yes, she is one of my only friends.” I felt the wind move as his head shot towards me.

“Your only friend? But, sorry to be so straight forward, but your gorgeous.” I blushed, his accented voice astonished.

“I am not really open, but Danielle wouldn’t let me go that easily.” I hid my face behind my curls, not wanting to look at him, not letting him see my darkened cheeks.

“I understand.”

We sat there a few more minuets in a comfortable silence washing over us. I gladly sat there, liking the fact that we could sit and I wasn’t forced to talk, not many people gave the curtsey to not ask questions.

I was ripped from my thoughts to a hand in front of my face. I followed the hand to meet amber eyes again. “We should get back.” I nodded and took the hand offered for help to get up. I gladly followed him off the roof.

We walked down a few hallways together, till we had to split. We said our good nights and headed in our separate ways.

Maybe I just might have another friend.

My laptop fixed and I really liked this chapter... :) Vote, Comment, and Fan

(Fixed it :))