7

The sun was going down. The sky was painted in a scheme of orange, pink and purple that were becoming dark as the minutes passed, and the Sun crowned the image as it reflected a golden light into their bodies.

Arline's head was rocking back and forth. She was trying not to give in to the calmness of the trip and fall asleep. Not only that, but Larsin asked her if he could braid her hair denoting how clearly bored he was. And that wasn't helping her staying awake either.

"If you're feeling tired, you can rest" he lightly said.

"Where do you recommend I should rest, Larsin?" Arline said with a tired yet funny tone on her voice.

"Just lay your head back Arline" he was smiling innocently.

She did, not feeling very comfortable but after a few minutes she fell asleep. None of them could blame her, traveling on a dragon was, in reality, very comfortable. It was warm, no bouncing and the breeze really eased down the mood. They wanted to join her in her sleep but were already used to it. The group carried on, all night long through the dark sky.

She suddenly woke up after feeling she was falling. She felt her ear ringing again.

"Are you alright darling?" Calix asked, noticing her viewing the ocean below them.

"Oh yes, just lost balance" she lied and smiled timidly, Calix nodded back.

"We're getting closer Larsin" Zeroun announced.

"I can tell" he sounded a little nervous "You're certainly going to hate me now" he grabbed her by her waist again.

"What? Why?" she sounded confused.

"Ready?" Calix seemed excited like a kid getting his favorite toy for Christmas, way too excited in her opinion.

"For what?" Arline was getting scared

"Oh you're going to love it" Calix then went further away.

"It's completely safe, it's just to announce our incoming" Larsin said to her "Trust me"

She felt safe with them, on land. Not in the middle of nowhere, having the sky above them and the sea below. She still thought dying during a dragon flight, in the hands of a mysterious prince and his equally mysterious friends was pretty surreal. So she just accepted her fate.

Larsin gently pushed his chest towards Arline's back, so both got closer to the dragon. She felt how she began to blush, and so did he. But as soon as Larsin gave the reins a little shake, Vatra sped up through the air, and the rest followed. Arline felt absolutely terrified for the first five seconds but noticed she was secure and nothing could happen to her.

She couldn't distinguish it first, but now she certainly noticed a piece of land as they were approaching. She first thought they were going to stop at what seemed like the dock, but continued taking a sharp turn, rounding what she gathered was the castle. Just then they slowed down, directing the dragons to the docks. Once they landed, they hoped out, deeply stretching their bodies.

"Good job Arline" Calix congratulated her, hugging his new friend by her shoulders.

"Why do you sound so impressed?" she crossed her arms and smiled at him.

"You're new at this, most people violently throw up" he admitted "He almost died the first time" he pointed at Larsin, Arline could tell he enjoyed putting his friend in embarrassing situations, especially if girls were around.

"I had to stay in bed for five days until the nausea faded away" he admitted laughing.

She mouthed "wow". They were heading out when they saw a corpulent figure with a furry dark beard appearing from around the corner, screaming in joy "My son, you are back" he stretched his arms, welcoming Larsin. He rushed to hug his father.